"Search this forum"

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
Used to be the option to just search the forum you were in without going through the advance search feature (which always was a pain).
You could click on say "tech arena" and search the tech forums for answers without getting hundreds of 'for sale' items in your search results. Used to be on the right when you were on the forum page.
Any way to easily do that ?

I can't even find the advanced search without using the search feature in the upper right corner. Finally it gives me more options. Jay, enable more features :) Hard enough to deal with the color change.

Everything I've searched for comes back "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." It's like everything from the old forum is "unsearchable". I can't find anything!

Until the new search is implemented (Jay said they are working on a very powerful search feature/engine)

Go to Google, type in the search box: site:turbobuick.com <what you want to search for> (without the brackets)

it'd just be nice to search. I'm as frustrated with the process as anybody, but I guess I just have to wait... But I agree, it's be nice just to simply search! It's getting frustrating. This is why I bought a mac 12 years ago, things just work on this computer.

I really hope you guys get it figured out, and soon. You've stepped into the realm of updating something that already works. Don't fix what ain't broke, we'll all tell you that

The problem with technology is that it is run by computers, which are run by people, which in turn f*cks them up. This turns computers into big f*ck up machines. The search function is one of those things - don't fix what ain't broken. Oh well.

What the hell are you talking about, you used to be able to search the tech arena and get just tech results, that is no longer here and was waiting for it to be replaced or maybe someone knows a new way.. if you don't have input on this STFU

What the hell are you talking about, you used to be able to search the tech arena and get just tech results, that is no longer here and was waiting for it to be replaced or maybe someone knows a new way.. if you don't have input on this STFU

Jay has posted REPEATEDLY that the Search isn't finished yet, and will be up soon, today or tomorrow.

I pretty tired of seeing you whine about the issues since the forum upgrade.

Why does no one have any patience anymore??

If you don't like what I say then hit the ignore button, your sig will be added to mine. Trying to figure out the new way things are working on here, if you don't like me asking about.. too bad

Not whining.. didn't say it sucked, didn't say I want the old one back, go bitch at those whiners.. looks like that is what you like to do anyways.

I wish I had all the time in the world to complain about how a web site functions.

I reindexed the search database so it should work again.

Dude got banned from his own thread. Aint that a B