sd-slider BBQ/ Spoolfool cool car show @ Bates June 2nd.

My car runs now, ill get it registered and out there, at whatever stage it may be in.

Mike,

Since your car was sitting for so long prior to you buying it do you owe a bunch of back registration or did the previous owner non op. it?

Neal

When was the last time we had an event T-shirt for a West Coast Turbo Buick gathering?

Here's the evolution of the Bates T-shirt. What ever I come up with, will be silk screened on the back of a white T-shirt and given out to all who drive in to the show with a Buick.:) I plan on having a few extras too.;)

First ideas. Good start, but too plain.

2nd sketch. Better, but still needs more.

Much better. Now were getting somewhere.

Thanks to my daughter Hailey for putting this together. I'm not set in stone on using this. If someone else wants to submit something, we'll run it up a flag pole and see how it looks.

South Western Section artists step forward.:)

Mike Barnard

Looking good mike ,,ill do my part and try to get a total 7 cars. Also tables and chairs..

Mike please make shirts for kids I can get 6 or so..

it was put on NON OP in 1991, i got lucky it was still in the DMV computer when i went in, surprisingly i recieved the title in my name within 7 days, before the date on the title even, i buy alot of cars and this was a first our dmv must finally be caught up. anyway i did a non-op transfer and renewed that, i was not sure how quick i would get it running so i just left it on non op. this would have been the best preserved buick(almost) with low miles if they just left it in a garaGE, who leaves a car like this in el cajon under a tree? what a waste

My son and I will likely caravan with Nick from Phoenix. I will have my WE4 and my son will drive his WH1.

RJ

Went racing at Irwindale last night and did not break anything, so I will be there. Also got picked to race on MAV TVs One and Done, it will air next month.... I ran against a turbo VW Bus that can pull wheelies! It may be the race of the month for May on MAVTV.com
image.jpg

Spool fools bumper fillers made national TV !
New turbo from Bison ran very consistent, first time out = Win on TV!

If anyone plans to go to Barona on the Saturday of that weekend, you will be in for a real treat. That is the date of the Annual Crower Car Show and Race Event. There will definitely be some bad ass machines at this car show. I've entered past shows that they've held at their shop and they did not disappoint. It was getting too big for their shop parking lot, so now they've moved it to the drag strip to include some track action later in the day.
For hotel information if going to the track, go to the Barona Drag Strip website and click on hotels. Use the Riviera 760 number, not the 800 number, and ask for the special track rate. Parking for car trailers is available at the hotel, and overnight camping at the track Friday night is available too.
Check the track website to double check on this, but I think I heard of a track test and tune on Friday night, before the Saturday car show.
This will be one of the bigger events of the year for the track. Make plans to get there early (Friday) to get a good pit spot, if you're racing.

I will be at Bates, without car, and will be offering a 500 dollar certificate to the raffle to go towards repairs at our shop.

Guy,

Are you driving your car or towing? Let's talk this weekend and maybe we can caravan together with Nick.

Nick. Mike tells me you're looking for a place to secure your car and trailer. Give me a call. 619 954-5415.