Screeching heater fan

QuikBuik

Get this guy a GN!
What's the quickest way to get in there to lube the fan for the heater? It used to just make a little noise when it was really cold, but now it's becoming just about a constant screech when the heater's on.

What I did...on my n/a regal...NOT the GN!

unscrew the 4 or 5 bolts holding the motor in, and squirt some WD-40 in the motor...turn the fan on LOW (or else WD-40 will go everywhere) and squirt again in the motor...this should do it if money's tight. Or, just buy a motor like ILBCNU6 said...

John

There is no bearings in there. Sometimes there is in and out play in the shaft. There is an insert that goes on the shaft that sometimes get loose. You have to put a deep socket on the shaft and hit that insert down. Then you have to punch either the insert or the shaft (dont remember) so the insert does not move again.

It worked for like three days, then the problem reapeared. Try the wd-40 first if you think your motor is binding, but if that does not work your best bet would be a new motor.

Where do you get this new motor? Autozone?

Thanks guys. If the WD40 trick doesn't work, can you still get new motors or will I need to search the scrapyards. Thanks again.