Scott, Audiowizard has your cabinet finished!!

Audiowizard

CARE FOR A SMOKE ANYONE?
Staff member
Sorry for the pic quality, it doesnt do the cabinet justice. I will see if I can edit the pic quality of the other pics.

Attachments

• mvc-004f.jpg
    mvc-004f.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 116
Still too dark!

Another view, gonna take it outside tommorrow after work for better light.

Attachments

• mvc-020f.jpg
    mvc-020f.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 96
Its going into his GN. I built it this way with the specs he gave me so the subs will clear his 5 x 7s. Each 12 has a little over 2.0 cubes per woofer. I fired it up in my GNs back seat and they sounded pretty healthy :cool: .

so its sittin on the shelf facing upwards?

Enought screws? Naw when I build mine I use staples (1.25-1.5") every 1" and glue. lol

Nothing beats overkill!!

Looks nice Eddie! Cant wait to drop this baby in. Pictures never do justice anyways, but looks fine to me!:D

Scott

Originally posted by mcss383
so its sittin on the shelf facing upwards?

Yes it is.

Enought screws? Naw when I build mine I use staples (1.25-1.5") every 1" and glue. lol [/QUOTE]

I like the strength that the screws give the joints.

Nothing beats overkill!! [/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree with you more.......:cool:

BTW thanks SalvageV6!! glue!!!! what glue?? I dont need no stinkin glue ;) .

I hope you use wood glue or caulking on all but one panel and all panels if the woofers are front loaded.

Altecs and JBL's pound pretty hard and so do all those new automotive heavy duty woofers. Don't want any air leaks.

I agree with the screws for strenth unless the staples are serrated or grooved.

Too bad you live so far away, I need something for the new GN and I'm too lazy. ;)

thats why I put the staples every inch or less. It ends up being as strong as it would ever need be, it just takes less time. :)

yeah they are the grooved ones, nice and long too. lol

Originally posted by salvageV6
I hope you use wood glue or caulking on all but one panel and all panels if the woofers are front loaded.

Too bad you live so far away, I need something for the new GN and I'm too lazy. ;)

I did use carpenters wood glue on every joint HEHE. If you want something built, I can do it with your dimensions and ship it out to you if you are interested.