Scary but funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
also john, i'll admit, your car is clean as ****, and it definately moves. back in the day i had plans to sell the stang and get a GN, but things happened, as a sort of omen, and i kept it, and i'm happy, which is all that matters.

about the race with you and clay, i didn't see it, only heard conflicting stories, so i will step out of that convo, because the only way to find the true winner is for one to be there at that time, or do the race over, and have both guys agree on the outcome. take it easy.

arron

Look, my son loves Stangs more than any other car out there, but he knows that my GN will whip "his" car (the '68) any day of the week. He's not a Ford guy, in fact the only Ford he really likes is the Mustang. He'd got a "crush" on some rice burners however; I'll need to slap that out of him, possibly with a Corvette or something with a Hemi. I've decided to sell most of my airplanes and get into cars more, so I might pick up a Nova or Fox body, maybe even an F-Body, and stuff with with (if a Ford) a 427 Windsor stroker or (if a Nova) pop in a nice 600cid plus SC'd monster or (if an F-body) stroke it to 383, supercharge it, and possibly run nitrous, although I had a few bad experiences with it in my earlier years while working on the Unlimited Hydroplane for Harrah's. But that car would be barely street legal.

I guess I'm rambling.

My point is that the "perfect" car is not a 2.5l 4 cylinder screamer pulling 50 inches of manifold pressure (which is nothing, really; the Tahoe Miss we built had a 1200cid V12 with ADI, anti detonation injection or water injection, a P-38 lightning turbocharger which was approx. 18" wide and a roots supercharger. We pulled approximately 120 inches of manifold pressure once, right before we blew a jug 1/4 mile across the lake), nor is it a 700cid hydrazine breathing hemi headed monster. You need a bit of both to succeed, and the TR does that. It has the torque capability of a 350 and the horsepower advantage of a blower at 15 to 25 inches of manifold pressure.

It's not really fair to say that someone can't run nitrous because it didn't come from the factory that way. In a run what ya brung race, there are no rules. On the other hand, it's not fair to ask a TR owner to pull his/her turbo off. We'd melt holes in our hoods in about 30 mins due to the exhaust pointing upwards, and that wouldn't be very fun.

Originally posted by PimpinAintEz347
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...BACKPEDAL,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.

don't try to suck d!ck now.these guys caught you in a line of bull$hit and pulled your card.you can get your daddy to come on here and defend you,but unless he's gene fleury(and i know he's not)don't even fvckin try.

your story was bull$hit from the first post(launching an 11 second tr on the street w/4psi on street tires?:rolleyes: )and i think it's beautiful that these guys took the time to come over from their forum and call you on you horse$hit.

later,sean

People, try and show a little class watch the language.
Side note: Lies always come back to you in the end, then you get stuck trying to remember what the original Lie was.

Bottom line don't lie.

This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.