Scary but funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by bluestreakSS

then tell ur Gn people...and THEIR DADS...to get off our board. hows that sound? sounds like ur in v-6 denial...:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Bring it. I'll show you V6 denial.

Originally posted by bluestreakSS

i have proved my point. i hope all of u have seen his lies...the only thing he hasn't lied about is owning a GN.

It sounds like daddy spoils them too much. I'm 18 myself and I've worked damn hard for my TR.

Originally posted by Stang Man

there we have it, you even admitted it, you need the turbo to be fast, or to move at all! in all honesty, i am tired of hearing people telling others that nitrous is for pussies, and stuff like that, and this dude tells me to run NA, but why not run power adder vs. power adder? i mean come on, it's only a baby dry shot.

arron

Rustang man,

You wanna run your mustang on six cylinders instead of eight?? You seem to forget you have two more cylinders then us buick boys.:rolleyes: Thats alright though, If you were in florida, id give you two and move in your rustang and make you feel stupid.;)

Originally posted by Stang Man

there we have it, you even admitted it, you need the turbo to be fast, or to move at all! in all honesty, i am tired of hearing people telling others that nitrous is for pussies, and stuff like that, and this dude tells me to run NA, but why not run power adder vs. power adder? i mean come on, it's only a baby dry shot.

arron

I've got to chime in here. In defense of the GN of course. For years at the GS Nationals, it's taken everything the big block Buicks have to be able to keep running with the GN's, and for alot more money as well I might add. But most of the Big Block guys accept the GN's for what they are, they have the turbo advantage, and that's that. It's kind of an apples and oranges comparison and that's how everyone accepts it and they all get along. They each have their advantages and disadvantages and their rightful places in history. It's kind of pointless to try to make any kind of equation between the turbo V6 and the 302 or Big Block Buick or any other big block for that matter. They are two different types of engines. You can't say "take the turbo off", it doesn't make sense :confused:. It came that way from the factory, that's the way GM designed it, it's a complete package. That's like telling a Viper owner to take away some cylinders or some other parts of his engine to make it more fair. Why should he, that's the way it was built? Of course the turbo V6 wouldn't be fast without the turbo. That's why it's called a "Turbo V6", because that's what it is, like it or leave it, that's how GM decided to design it. I don't quite know what point is not getting across here. That's like saying Faith Hill would be ugly if she wasn't so pretty. See what I'm saying, how dopey that sounds? Out of the box, the Mustang is not as fast, at least the older ones aren't. I don't know about the newer ones. So why hold that against the GN? Crying foul because it has a turbo is very strange, I don't know how else to put it.

Originally posted by Ken Mild

I've got to chime in here. In defense of the GN of course. For years at the GS Nationals, it's taken everything the big block Buicks have to be able to keep running with the GN's, and for alot more money as well I might add. But most of the Big Block guys accept the GN's for what they are, they have the turbo advantage, and that's that. It's kind of an apples and oranges comparison and that's how everyone accepts it and they all get along. They each have their advantages and disadvantages and their rightful places in history. It's kind of pointless to try to make any kind of equation between the turbo V6 and the 302 or Big Block Buick or any other big block for that matter. They are two different types of engines. You can't say "take the turbo off", it doesn't make sense :confused:. It came that way from the factory, that's the way GM designed it, it's a complete package. That's like telling a Viper owner to take away some cylinders or some other parts of his engine to make it more fair. Why should he, that's the way it was built? Of course the turbo V6 wouldn't be fast without the turbo. That's why it's called a "Turbo V6", because that's what it is, like it or leave it, that's how GM decided to design it. I don't quite know what point is not getting across here. That's like saying Faith Hill would be ugly if she wasn't so pretty. See what I'm saying, how dopey that sounds? Out of the box, the Mustang is not as fast, at least the older ones aren't. I don't know about the newer ones. So why hold that against the GN? Crying foul because it has a turbo is very strange, I don't know how else to put it.

i know exactly what you are saying, but the other guy is crying foul because i have a power adder, big deal? i see it is easy to rile some of you guys up. the turbo makes up for the 2 cylinders i have over ya'll, and then some. then ya'll have the boost controllers, etc etc, so to make up for it, i have to use my own power adder.

about stock times, what will a bone stock GN run? i know when my car was bone stock, it ran a 14.4@98 MPH, and that's in a full weight GT. my buddy has run a best of 13.7 in his notchback(extremely light car, likw 2800ish pounds.) Not trying to brag here, just getting some baseline numbers to compare to some stock GN times, as i know they vary over the years.

Arron

bone stock the gns run what your buddies GT runs mid to low 14's at around 98-100mph just depending on how heavy ~ 3300-3600lbs--
im a good tinker'er, and bought a bone stock WE4 (liteweight turbo regal) with my dad last august-- BONE STOCK with radials,
(ill admit i did install a JAY CARTER STREET CHIP)
and pump gas it went 14.20 AT 96

that same night,i raised the fuel pressure, let the car cool, drilled a 1/16 hole in a wastegate hose for 1 more PSI of boost and dwindled the car to a 13.81 at 98.5

the following week, i put on a hooker cat back exhaust, plugs, wires, 02, STOCK AIR FILTER, hotwired the stock fuel pump, and raised the boost to 17 psi

within one week, the car was running 13.30's at 103 in street trim, pump gas, RADIALS, and my 50 year old dad can drive it daily-

one year later, the car has a alky injection kit, smc power plate, k&n air filter in the stock AIR BOX ( pops wants it to look like a sleeper) and some other of my tricks to the car-
with the new 245/60/15 bfg RADIALS he will be running mid 12's on pump gas, and thats FAST for my dad.. im actually proud of my dad for selling off his old 73 TRANS AM and getting into the turbo regal scene-
sorry for getting off the topic, but thats what a STOCK regal runs, and what it takes to make it run FAST :rolleyes: on the street for my pops!
take car man, and get a turbo on that mustang and then we wont pick on you :D

Car and Driver got a bone stock GN to run a 13.8 or 13.9 @100mph I believe, but basically bone stock a good running turbo regal can run anywhere from a 14.20-13.80 @97-100mph and I've seen a bone stock '86 T-type run a 13.79 @100mph with a real good launch on radials. Keep in mind that these cars have been in the 10's with only bolt ons with a stock long block (that means stock heads, cam, intake, and in most cases even the TB) and for about $1,500 in mods they can easily be in the 11's and this is without nitrous! I have yet to see a 5.0 or a LS1 run 10's without opening up the motor or spraying the sh!t out of it and that's what is impressive about these cars. Don't get me wrong I know 5.0's as well as LS1's can be made very fast, but I also know what it costs and what must be done especially in the LS1 f-bodies to make them reliable cause the rearend is made of glass and the trannies are junk as I have seen with my own two eyes!!!

quick six, thanks for the times, like i said before, when you start off with a car that has forced induction from the factory, thereis so much potential, as many of the stock parts are not up to snuff(this includes, but is not limited to, supra's, RX7's, '03 Cobra's, lightnings, etc.). like i said my car ran a 14.4@98 stock, i did the MILDEST heads/cam combo possible(stone stock GT-40 irons and E-303 cam) on an extreme budget. the heads were $500 after i got them rebuilt, and the cam was free from the dude too, so that was a plus. i put an intake from an explorer on there(identical in dimensions to the cobra intake, at half the price,) and got the car running again, got it to the track, and ran consistent 13.3's@103 NA(this was with the gears, exhaust, AND the autoX suspension.) i used the 100 shot(dry) and ran an 12.3@112 with a 1.8 60' time on 275/50 nitto DR's. however, i had been playing with the bottle earlier, and without a heater, i was only running about 650 psi, when optimum bottle pressure is upwards of 1000 psi.

about the turbo idea, i'd love to, but don't really have the fabrication skills. i think it'd be easy to get the turbo's themselves, but the headers would be tough, as well as plumbing the oil lines and exhaust. i'd buy a kit, but they are outrageous :(

86 brick, you are also right. going NA and staying basically stock, it's hard to get real fast, although i have seen some 5.0's with gears and slicks and LOTS of weight removed run in the 12's, it isn't normal. an LS1 with exhaust, lid, and DR's should run 12's easily, depending on the driver, and there has actually been a few running 11.9's with big slicks and gears, the only limiting factor being if the clutch and rear will take it. most of the time they don't :( from the factory they come with weak(in the performance aspect of things) clutches, transmissions, and valvetrain, mainly it's the M6 cars plagued by these problems when a gear banging ritual goes bad and a gear is missed. the A4 cars are lucky, for the most part ;)

FWIW dad just got an '02 Z28 with the M6, i love the car to death, but driving it around you can hear how much the exhaust and intake are holding it back, it feels really choked. i don't drive it hard, i'd hate to find its weak points ;)

arron

Considering that I've driven Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, TRs, Lamborghinis, Lolas, Porches, Ferraris, Corvettes, blah blah blah, I think I am qualified to speak for the effectiveness of TRs. Okay, so here's the challenge. The F-Body crowd gets 15k to build what they can. The Mustang crowd gets 15k. And the TR crowd gets 12k. The rules are:

1. Do not talk about the Fight Club
2. Do not talk about the Fight Club
3. There are no rules.

Since I doubt that anyone will ante up the cash, lets' see some 5.0s that have roughly 15k in them, some F-Bodys with roughly 15k in them, and some TRs with roughly 12k in them. And we will see who is who.

I know that for 12,500 my GN, which has a 5,000 dollar paint job, with proper tuning, could run low to mid 12s. And most of the money I spent on it was due to the low mileage (32k) it had when I bought it. I have it detuned because my speed-freak wife drives it to work every day during the winter. It pulls a max of 13lbs of boost. I could probably get 22 or so safely.

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
that makes no sense that they can spend more money than us?

i think he's trying to show the budget mindedness or the TR/GN platform. for $15k, you can have just about have a 9 second mustang, depending what combo you go with :eek:

arron

Stang Man, I think he's talking about buying the car as well as modding it with $15k to spend. If you already have your Mustang and I have my GN and we both spend $15k (me on a built Stage II motor or the new TA aluminum motor with a TH400) and you on whatever combo you go with I think both of us would most likely be in the 9's and it would be close.... I think the cost to make a Camaro, Mustang, or GN/TR run 9's and still be reliable is about the same ($15-$20k) if you already have the car, but I know for a fact that it's a lot cheaper to get a GN/TR running in the 11's and 10's and if you don't believe me go ask some of the guys on this board who had/have 5.0's and had/have LS1's f-bodies!!!:D

:confused: Please let me know how you can build a 9sec street stang for 15k?
I'am not trying to be a smart ass.
The fastest "street" car in the richmond area is a 90ish GT
I've been looking at some mustang sites trying to judge how much it would take to build a 9.50-9.90 street mustang.
Well let's say high 9's ok.
Spent a bit of time on turbomustangs.com, good guys there:)

I figure it would take 5-6k for a nice 89-93 LX or GT.
By nice I mean shiny paint not perfect, nice interior is a must too,
NO body damage! Hopefully already has some good rims too.
It has to be a real street car not a gutted hulk!Ps,pb,ac and a sound system. at least 15mpg on the highway and able to be driven 50 miles at 65mph in 95 deg Va. heat
Now I only have 9-10k at most left.
I personally don't beleive the stock short block is going to hold up to the amount of NOS required to put a mustang in the range I stated.
Most people Italked to said the block it's self is the weak link.. just like 3.8 buicks, and would live a long time at 450rwhp,over 500rwhp not very long.
I'am sure someone somewhere has sprayed 250+ hp of it and lived to tell about it but as a old school racer told me
" NOS is your friend,..but like a friend it WILL F*** you if you use it too much!"
I don't want a A-bomb under the hood waiting to go boom!
Hard core parts are not cheap even for fords.
Now 10k would build a motor to go 9's N/A I think but that would be a gas sucking hot running little monster for sure!
I think the turbo stang is the best route to go for a real street car but I don't think 15k would do it.
Unless you found a car already built and the owner needed cash fast!
Man... that's alot of ranting!

Again I'am not putting down fords but I hear all the time for x-amount of dollars I could build a car that would run this or that time. Most of the time they would run out of money quick!
This goes for any car.

Honest I'am done!.........................for now

Yup. We'd just slap a second turbo on it, port the heads, throw on slicks, and run 7s. Poor pony cars...:(

:eek: Well I was done:eek:
If you mean 15k in parts a turbo stang could be built that would run 9's fairly easy and still be a real street car.
But as said before a stage II is a nasty little sucker too!

I hope I am not pissing guys with fast street cars that are different from my view of what's a street car.:(

anyway...:rolleyes: back on topic.

i am going to have to back the camaro/mustang/whoever guys on this one.if you are a spoiled little rich kid that knows fukall about your car(other than how to break it:rolleyes: )it's bad enough.

if you lose races then fabricate bull$hit kill stories on the internet you are a friggin tool.

also,racing is racing.run whatcha brung,and hope ya brought enough.if you don't have the octane/traction/bottle temp/pressure/testicles/etc. and you lose a race,don't whine and make excuses.come prepared next time or lose again.

later,sean

Originally posted by WFO
anyway...:rolleyes: back on topic.

i am going to have to back the camaro/mustang/whoever guys on this one.if you are a spoiled little rich kid that knows fukall about your car(other than how to break it:rolleyes: )it's bad enough.

if you lose races then fabricate bull$hit kill stories on the internet you are a friggin tool.

also,racing is racing.run whatcha brung,and hope ya brought enough.if you don't have the octane/traction/bottle temp/pressure/testicles/etc. and you lose a race,don't whine and make excuses.come prepared next time or lose again.

later,sean

THANK YOU!!! i, nor my friends, came on here to bash GN's or say who is faster. if u read my FIRST post i mearly pointed out that this tool is lying. the only reason i started goin off because yall were bashing LS1's and mustangs. SO, drop that **** and lets get back on topic. he lied, he lied on ls1.com, he makes excuses, and there will soon be a video posted here and on ls1.com of Stang Man beating Tom's GN. thats the bottom line, and if you guys on here see that then my job is done and i will leave your board forever.

Sorry I've been out of town for a while. I guess my friends like to hit me when I can't defend myself??? :rolleyes:

Like I said in another post... thanx for completely destroying my rep on here baker.. and larkin for making my family look bad. It doesn't seem to amaze me that you would either? The only reason you beat my bro was because he had a fuel leak of some sort (probably b/c of when he hooked up his 7th injector). Dont get all excited.. b/c when I get my **** tuned.. put in some race gas... actually "use" my alky... and now that I just bought my Hooiser's... can i say larkin that you are OWNED :eek:

It takes a ***** to talk **** about someone over the internet.. how about you just do it to my face? I mean.. if you have such a big problem with me, my bro, and my dad? then just come to me and say it? Why do it when I can't defend myself. That's lame?

By the way... I thought we were cool about everythign baker? I mean... you know for a FACT that if we raced right now I would smack you up and down.. and that would be w/ every advantage going to you!

Both of you guys... bluestreak (baker) and Stang Man (Larkin) think you know so damn much about the gn. You guys dont know crap! My car isnt set up to run on the street... that wasn't what it was built for! But I can't go to the track every day.. (you guys know how far out it is) and plus... I'm a kid! I gotta run on the street every once in a while. You guys know how it is... but b/c of you both you have made me hate cars and racing. All you guys do is try to make me look bad.. and try to push me down. I mean... you guys can't give me any props can you? I love both of your cars.. and give you props on how you guys have had to work hard for what you have gotten. I mean.. I know I got my car ez b/c my dad is in love w/ the gn... and that's where you get my full respect? I thought you guys knew that?

I'm still out of town... in fact I'm in Connecticut (are you gonna try to find a way to prove that I'm lying??) and when I get back we can all talk about this.

I posted ONCE on ls1.com about that my kill w/ the guy smoking the cigar. I'm thinking aobut selling my car (or giving it back to my dad and let him sell his) to buy a ls1 (b/c you guys have made me like them so much.. yes another compliment to you! so I can stay out of trouble and have a dependable car) I have got 5 ppl to prove that I won! And you know what.. I should have lost so bad. I had ppl in my car... I wasn't even set to run (no race gas... no alky injection... stock boost!!!) and I still won.. barely ;) I've lost plenty of times.. I just dont post when I lose :mad:

I will admit straight up my dad spoiled me on my car! I mean... I'm very lucky and sometimes don't take the time to realize it. I'm learning everyday something about my car and about the turbo regals. They are very complex cars and take years of experience to fully understand them! I mean.. my dad has had his for over 10 years and he is still learning new things about his and mine! But I'm not a lier... dude I thought we were all tight now???

You know.. I think we all need a big hug.. b/c you guys just need to calm the heck down!! Its just cars... :rolleyes: :D

It hurts to have someone say this stuff about you... how do you jump back from this?

john you're doing it again, lying out of your ass.

you talk **** behind my back, post it on boards where you don't think i scan(this one is an example,) and repeatedly call me a ***** for actually respecting myself, my car, and other peoples' lives, and NOT racing you on the street. i'll admit it, sometimes you can be cool, but you're a cocky mofo, and for some reason think you are a hardass(many people have pointed this out to me.) when you get the LS1(if), come talk to me, because THEN we will be on the same page, and comparing apples to apples.

for the guys wondering about the 9 second mustang for 15 grand, i had no idea there were the stipulations about the luxuries, gas mileage, etc. my idea was to buy a rolling chassis, as one here a few weeks ago was going for $600, built rear end, cowl hood, all body panels, as well as a welded in roll cage. spend about a grand for a stroker kit, about a grand on machine work, and i think you know how the rest goes. it is feasible, but things may get tight in the end, and it won't go anywhere without some suspension and tires, so all that would need to be included in the budget also. this is all in theory, i don't have enough money to test it out, nor do i want to, i'm saving up to buy a bike and take it to college with me and the mustang next year(i plan on selling the 83' nighthawk to help fund it too).

arron

Status
Not open for further replies.