Scanmasters worth a damn measuring full throttle shift rpm’s?

erikelvis

Never really monitored rpm ‘s from the scanmaster. Under full throttle seems it’s a little delayed. Did a couple full throttle 2-3 shifts and one went as high as 49XX and the next 47XX. Stiffer springs are on the to do list. Just not sure the scanmaster is reliable in that sense.

I think it would be hard to get accurate repeatable info solely from the SM while trying to watch and drive.

Super easy in powerlogger though

some guys have used macs using an emulator, but I don't have any real info.

the ALDL update rate is the limiting factor for measuring shift points. PowerLogger is a ton faster and more capable for that sort of thing

and your Scanmaster update gets sped up a bunch also.

Bob

quick example (not my car)

PLC-23-shift.png

What about a auto meter tachometer under 200.00 or a VDO 2 in under 100.00
Don’t get me wrong I have a power logger
And looking at the data after the pass is great but a big old tac is a lot easier to see will driving

a lot of tach's are laggy, but that is certainly another solution, could even video the tach with your phone.

I was thinking hood mounted tach if I could find something I thought looked acceptable. I’m picky with just about everything. But I do have a wideband to go in so it would make sense to go powerlogger.

The beauty of a data log is being able to see what happened AND when . If that log Bob posted had 5* of knock , but it was at the shift point with a 10.5 afr , you would start looking for something else other than fueling and start leaning towards false knock , something hitting or tire spin . Just one example of the benefits of a data log .

Autometer WBs aren't in the Powerlogger drop down menu but they do work with it. Here's a thread discussing one of the Autometer model #s:

Autometer WBs aren't in the Powerlogger drop down menu but they do work with it. Here's a thread discussing one of the Autometer model #s:

Hmm. That figures. Will have to look into it. Not opposed to getting a new one but I think all mine match now.