Scanmaster

kilhef

Ready to buy a scanmaster. What is the newest version? As always thanks all for your help!

Newest version is 2.1

If you purchase a Power Logger, it usually comes with a chip for the Scanmaster to upgrade to 2.2.
2.2 is needed for Scanmaster to read data from Power Logger.

I think learning the scanmaster and all the values is the way to go first. Pl is great but for basic to moderate tuning/monitoring I say learn the scanmaster and then go from. And its especially easy to install for ppl not so mechanically inclined.

Thanks for all your help. Installed new walbro fuel pump and hot wire kit. Also new filter while I was under there. It did help but still has a little stumble before shifting into second. Ordered a scanmaster yesterday. Will probably take my adjustable fuel regulator and pressure gauge from my TTA and try it on the GN. Again people thanks much!!

Did I give you the impression that I didn't use one?

I apologize. I have been warned about my comments and will change my tune or banishment is in my future. Have a nice weekend and enjoy. I am going on a well needed vacation. Brad

I apologize. I have been warned about my comments and will change my tune or banishment is in my future. Have a nice weekend and enjoy. I am going on a well needed vacation. Brad
No need to apologize to me. Your comment led me to believe that you were under the impression that I didn't use the Scanmaster and was recommending not to use one. I assumed that you misread what I wrote. Did you think I was putting down the Scanmaster?

No need to apologize to me. Your comment led me to believe that you were under the impression that I didn't use the Scanmaster and was recommending not to use one. I assumed that you misread what I wrote. Did you think I was putting down the Scanmaster?
No. I just feel that a Scanmaster is a far much better tool to be used after your car is tuned. It will tell you when you need more information. Brad

No. I just feel that a Scanmaster is a far much better tool to be used after your car is tuned. It will tell you when you need more information. Brad
If you record data with a Powerlogger and don't have a Scanmaster to view,you can't see what's going on until after the run when you view the recorded data. In other words,you can't see if you're hurting the motor when you're hurting the motor,so you keep your foot in it. The best thing is to have both,but if I could only have one,I would choose the Scanmaster for this reason.

Ttype6 said:
If you record data with a Powerlogger and don't have a Scanmaster to view,you can't see what's going on until after the run when you view the recorded data. In other words,you can't see if you're hurting the motor when you're hurting the motor,so you keep your foot in it. The best thing is to have both,but if I could only have one,I would choose the Scanmaster for this reason.

X2!!!!!!!!!

I use a Caspers knock gauge-Audibe. Do not need to see a scanmaster screen nor its reading after the fact KR reading. Thinks about it. Brad

Ditto on having a scan master.........I use both a Sm and a PL....for the longest time I just ran a SM......I agree with Brad that if you have a KR gauge it serves a the same purpose but thats all it does.......the scan master provides so much more info such as the mv readings I really like plus from that and the bl's you can tell if the car is lean or fat. I also like that fact that the scan master records kr....so you see how much and at what mph.....not to mention giving trouble codes and other info.

I think for the money the scan master is hands down the best tool and a must in any TR!

just my .02

Just installed scanmaster 2.1. Is it normal during cruising speed for the 02 millivolts to be jumping anywhere from 80 to 760? Just learning. Thanks.

Just installed scanmaster 2.1. Is it normal during cruising speed for the 02 millivolts to be jumping anywhere from 80 to 760? Just learning. Thanks.
That's normal. Can actually range anywhere from 000 - 800 when cruising. See attached.

Attachments

• ScanmasterDefinitions-2.pdf
    66.5 KB · Views: 91