scanmaster shows kr under acceleration but doesnt show up in recall

Scott87

Conscious guided
Title says it all. I see some KR on the scanmaster 3-6 dependig under hard acceleration-wot situations. I let off it goes away and when I check the value with recall it isnt there only shows zero.

Kind of odd but is this false knock being displayed? I dont hear any knock so hard saying not knowing.

Anyone ever have this happen to them where the scanmaster shows KR and it doesnt show up in the Recall history?? This doesnt always happen..

You have to remain at WOT for some period of time (3 sec i think for it to record)

Thanks for the info, looks like I am letting off before it is getting logged is why it doesnt happen all the time.

someone will correct me if im wrong but the scanmaster records once you reach a certain number with your TPS. i dont remember what the number is but it doesnt have anything to do with the amount of time youre in the throttle. so if you see knock but not with the recall button your werent deep enough into the throttle for it to begin record. HTH

I pulled this off of the net and the link is below. Hope this helps

Record Mode

While in RUN MODE if the TPS voltage exceeds 3.00 volts the Scanmaster will change the RECORD MODE. In RECORD MODE the highest Retard reading and the lowest O2 Milivolt reading are stored in memory. RECORD MODE is indicated by DP3 on. The stored readings can be recalled at any time before the engine is turned off. (See RECALL MODE). Pressing the RECALL button while recording will erase any readings currently in memory. This is used to delete ‘false knock’ from memory while racing. Note: RECORD MODE begins after 1 second delay (DP3 blinks).

LINK:
Scanmaster II

someone will correct me if im wrong but the scanmaster records once you reach a certain number with your TPS. i dont remember what the number is but it doesnt have anything to do with the amount of time youre in the throttle. so if you see knock but not with the recall button your werent deep enough into the throttle for it to begin record. HTH

The TPS must reach a certain level, and must stay there for a couple seconds.

It's tps AND time.