scanmaster readings

84wh1

pimp romeo
Hey guys..........as ive posted on another topic, my car is running kinda funny. It starts, I let it run and 20 minutes later, it stalls out. It then wont start again until its cooled down which is usually 2-3 hours later. When it runs, its fairly smooth. When it was running a few hours ago, I got the following readings from the scanmaster at idle. Are these readings where they should be?

O2......171-850. The levels kept fluctuating (normal or not?)
AF......06
L8......42-44
Bat.....14
Int......128
BL.......128
Clt......103
Ats......71
RPM......775-875
tps.......44
IAC.......78
CC........09-119 (it kept climbing and starting over. not sure if thats normal)
mal......23 (never changed a sensor after swaping the ECM to an 87. I was told I didnt need to)

Also, the gas in the car was old. It had sat for a year without being started with 1/2 or less of a tank. After it started doing the stalling thing, I siphoned the tank and added some "fuel additive" and 20 liters of fresh gas.

Also, the general thought was to check for spark. What am i suppose to check and where?

Thoughts?

The only this that is out of adjustment to me is the IAC. Should be 15-30 at idle hot. Dying out is a symptom after warm up of many things. Investigate coil module and fuel pump as a start. Brad

How do I adjust the IAC? If I'm high, does that mean i need a new IAC? Also, how do I check the coil module and what shud I look for? Is there also a way to check the fuel pump? A test of the sort? As for the fuel filter, I'll change it out this week.

how do i adjust the iac? If i'm high, does that mean i need a new iac? Also, how do i check the coil module and what shud i look for? Is there also a way to check the fuel pump? A test of the sort? As for the fuel filter, i'll change it out this week.
your car was not hot enough to settle your scanmaster readings ..need a higher clt.. Or coolant temp. Numbers will be there closest ..at running temp at least 160 .. Then give us those numbers ..

Since your clt temp was only 103, I'd say the readings you took are inaccurate as the car was still in open-loop...(the INT and BLM locked at 128) Wait for the clt reading to be 160* or so and then take the scanmaster readings. What chip are you running?? Code 23 is the MAT, or IAT sensor. Unless you added this sensor when you converted to the 86-87 ECM, your car doesn't have it...hence the MAL code 23.

Edit: You beat me to it OIL MAN....:smile:

I wish i could get the car to run hotter right now, but it stalls out too soon. As for the chip, its a Poston 93. As for the mal23 code, i never changed the MAT when I swapped. I was told it wasnt needed. Thx

I think code 23 is air temp sensor. 85 does not have it unless you added it. Your chip maybe be able to be programmed to ignore this.