scanmaster readings

84wh1

pimp romeo
Hey guys..........as ive posted on another topic, my car is running kinda funny. It starts, I let it run and 20 minutes later, it stalls out. It then wont start again until its cooled down which is usually 2-3 hours later. When it runs, its fairly smooth. When it was running a few hours ago, I got the following readings from the scanmaster at idle. Are these readings where they should be?

O2......171-850. The levels kept fluctuating (normal or not?)
AF......06
L8......42-44
Bat.....14
Int......128
BL.......128
Clt......103
Ats......71
RPM......775-875
tps.......44
IAC.......78
CC........09-119 (it kept climbing and starting over. not sure if thats normal)
mal......23 (never changed a sensor after swaping the ECM to an 87. I was told I didnt need to)

Also, the gas in the car was old. It had sat for a year without being started with 1/2 or less of a tank. After it started doing the stalling thing, I siphoned the tank and added some "fuel additive" and 20 liters of fresh gas.

Also, the general thought was to check for spark. What am i suppose to check and where?

Thoughts?

AF AirFlow (MAF reading) 0-255
L8 LV8, engine load 0-255
bAt Battery Voltage 0-25.5
Int Integrator 100-150 short term ECM learning
bL Block Learn 100-150 long term ECM learning
MPH Vehicle speed 0-255
CLt Coolant temp -40 300
AtS Air Temp -40 300
r RPM 0-6350
tPS Throttle position sensor 0-5.00 volts set to .42 at idle and 4.6-4.8 at WOT
(engine off)
IAC Idle Air Control 0-150
cc Cross Counts 0-255 running count of o2 sensor
transitions
PL Injector Pulsewidth 0-50 ms
SP Spark advance 0-60 degrees btdc
MAL Malfunction codes

also check the stud on your alternator..Mine and someone elses i know spun and caused some really weird charging issues.

Hey guys..........as ive posted on another topic, my car is running kinda funny. It starts, I let it run and 20 minutes later, it stalls out. It then wont start again until its cooled down which is usually 2-3 hours later. When it runs, its fairly smooth. When it was running a few hours ago, I got the following readings from the scanmaster at idle. Are these readings where they should be?

O2......171-850. The levels kept fluctuating (normal or not?)
AF......06
L8......42-44
Bat.....14
Int......128
BL.......128
Clt......103
Ats......71
RPM......775-875
tps.......44
IAC.......78
CC........09-119 (it kept climbing and starting over. not sure if thats normal)
mal......23 (never changed a sensor after swaping the ECM to an 87. I was told I didnt need to)

Also, the gas in the car was old. It had sat for a year without being started with 1/2 or less of a tank. After it started doing the stalling thing, I siphoned the tank and added some "fuel additive" and 20 liters of fresh gas.

Also, the general thought was to check for spark. What am i suppose to check and where?

Thoughts?

o2 will bounce around with a stock chip. CC should be climbing then starting over again at idle with a stock chip.

Your car is not warmed up yet, so these numbers are not super useful. WIth that said, the only thing that looks out of place is you IAC, but I bet if the car was warm, it would come down. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? I would get one if not, and watch it while the car is running, and when it dies. Could be a problem.

EDIT: Just saw you have a non stock chip.

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I cant get the car to run long enough to get the temp up to get "good" readings off the scanmaster. As for a fuel pressure gauge, I do have one. I have the fuel pressure set to 45 psi. I think on the weekend I might hook it up and see what happens when the car dies. I'm also gonna take a good look at the fuel system. Change the filter, maybe drop the tank and see if there is any sediment inside.

Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I cant get the car to run long enough to get the temp up to get "good" readings off the scanmaster. As for a fuel pressure gauge, I do have one. I have the fuel pressure set to 45 psi. I think on the weekend I might hook it up and see what happens when the car dies. I'm also gonna take a good look at the fuel system. Change the filter, maybe drop the tank and see if there is any sediment inside.

Although you should go thru the fuel system, I wouldnt do it until you verify that it is losing fuel pressure before dying.

well I got changed the fuel filter on the car and was able to get the temp up to a decent 167*. The pump had tons of rusty, dirty looking crud/ fuel coming out of it. Not sure if that was the reason for my problem by here are the new scanmaster readings. There basically the same

-O2- 167
Af- 05
L8- 38
bat- 13
Int- 138
Bl- 124
Ats- 71
R-675-700
tps- .44
Iac- 45
CC- 120 and so on

are those numbers where they should be?