scanmaster ats said "HOT" ???

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
kinda a late post but was really curious about a scanmaster reading i had taken when leaving the shop under WOT for a short sprint... and while scrolling thru the readings could have sworn my air temp reading had flashed "Hot" at me! anyone know what this means?? time for a tin man or something? i have the old school under hood open element set up for now.

Check to see that your fan is working. This happened to me when my fan stopped. To much underhood heat. BTW i have the same air filter setup with no problems.

Yep, Mine used to do that if I had been driving for a while, shut it off for a few minutes or went through the drive through:D . I moved the air filter under the car where it could suck cooler air and no more HOT is ever displayed. :)

Normal, but man, its that hot down there? I woke up to frost this morning.

Wished it was hot hot hot

BW

I'd settle for a hot IAT sensor reading right now, no biggie, underhood temps are probably really high after the WOT run and the filter is sucking in some serious heat.

Tin Man would help but alky will negate a ton of that anyways.

getting cooler....

well it IS starting to get cooler down here...50's or so OOooooo lol. gonna attribute the HOT to a fluke and keep an eye on it... was kinda hoping for an excuse to go tin man right away u know? lol:p

if the AIT is blinking hot on the scanmaster.....how does that affect the computer and its control on the engine? IE; will computer reduce timing,etc as if when it sees knock??? thanks...

i think it will only cut back the fueling when putting around because hot air is less dense than cool air, meaning less fuel is needed:) hth

You'll only see it when the car is sitting in the heat. Once you get moving, the number will come down.

No worries.. most chips ignore the IAT sensor. Exceptions are the speed density and WB chips out there.. those that have those know this.

Someone from the boards here told me to remove the hood weather stripping to cool the engine compartment down, has anyone else done this or have heard it before?

Someone from the boards here told me to remove the hood weather stripping to cool the engine compartment down, has anyone else done this or have heard it before?

I put mine back in because my engine leaks oil, burns oil, and has a few exhaust leaks. I do take it out for the summer to get airflow thru the engine bay, but put it back in during the winter to keep the heat in.

Maybe myth busters should do a show on it, if you take it out, does it really lower underhood temps

BW