Scanmaster as a gauge

Bluetooth will either be HC-06 or Scanmaster. The software sets the bluetooth name inside the unit, but sometimes the module does not report its true name initially.

The extra files are the Scanmaster software version 1.0 and a picture of the capacitor that must be removed from the black Powerloggers so that they can communicate at high speed.

I need to update the instructions, and I will as soon as I catch up with all the guys that ordered.

Thanks

B

Hey guys, just a status update.

The last of the preorder Scanmaster G's are shipping tomorrow (Monday). Tracking numbers will be emailed to everyone.

Many thanks to all that participated!

Now, on to the next items. SyTy and XFI/Classic.

I owe out some ADX files also, and will get right on that.

Regards,

Bob Bailey

Hi Bob. Awesome job! Plan on ordering one soon. Is there any chance that this could be made with a red display instead of the green for the Turbo Trans Am owners?

The display is actually white. So it kinda goes with everything.

we could do a custom faceplate in red, I'm not sure how well that would match.

I have investigated putting a red lens in front of the display, and it makes it too dim, so thats not a possiblilty.

Let me know what you think.

Bob

Had to get it.... Was just about to buy a new Scanmaster so the timing was perfect.
Thanks.... We all have to appreciate these companies that continue to support our cars
Ben

the datastream from the SCMG is somewhat different, so that off-the-shelf adx will not work.

The ADX's are different depending on if you are using the stock ALDL datastream (there are 2 flavors of this), the ALDL "high speed" datastream (there are 3 flavors of this), or using a powerlogger.

Bob

the datastream from the SCMG is somewhat different, so that off-the-shelf adx will not work.

The ADX's are different depending on if you are using the stock ALDL datastream (there are 2 flavors of this), the ALDL "high speed" datastream (there are 3 flavors of this), or using a powerlogger.

Bob

Three flavors?? o_O

I love metropolitan ice cream!!!

I tend to eat the chocolate first though.:D

Since I'm a relative newbie, I try to soak up all the knowledge here and I tend to ask some pretty "noobie" questions . So...... Here is another one. I know absolutely nothing about a scanmaster and / or how to read a scan master or a power logger. BUT I am going to purchase one of those 2 guage pods for the console. I saw in the demo video that it monitors coolant temp. Since I was planning to buy a temp guage for the console pod, I'm thinking I would buy the scanmaster gauge for the pod so I can at the very least monitor coolant temps and learn the rest as I go. I am also curious about if I am having any knock or not. I definitely can't hear any, and I assume the scanmaster will let me know. Like I said, my learning curve is very steep. Plus the danged guage looks cool as sh*t... Sound like a good idea?

22 works fine, thats what I usually use. The gauge draws about .1 amp.

Bob

Since I'm a relative newbie, I try to soak up all the knowledge here and I tend to ask some pretty "noobie" questions . So...... Here is another one. I know absolutely nothing about a scanmaster and / or how to read a scan master or a power logger. BUT I am going to purchase one of those 2 guage pods for the console. I saw in the demo video that it monitors coolant temp. Since I was planning to buy a temp guage for the console pod, I'm thinking I would buy the scanmaster gauge for the pod so I can at the very least monitor coolant temps and learn the rest as I go. I am also curious about if I am having any knock or not. I definitely can't hear any, and I assume the scanmaster will let me know. Like I said, my learning curve is very steep. Plus the danged guage looks cool as sh*t... Sound like a good idea?

sounds like a reasonable strategy to me.

Bob