Scanmaster as a gauge

Bob,

Not looking to let go of my current Scanmaster just yet. Is it going to hurt anything to have both my Scanmaster and the G operating at the same time off of my Powerlogger? The more data I can see at the same time the better.

Does this display update faster/clearer than the old scanmaster? Meaning we can turn the update frame rate up to match the powerlogger without the display blurring out?

Can we pre-order the XFI version and will it be the same cost? Thanks for the great upgrade to Scanmaster.

Just ordered one! My scan master had a few burned out lcd cells on it so this works out well, Thanks Bob!!

Bob,

Not looking to let go of my current Scanmaster just yet. Is it going to hurt anything to have both my Scanmaster and the G operating at the same time off of my Powerlogger? The more data I can see at the same time the better.

The new Scanmaster-G communicates with the PowerLogger using a different protocol, so you can't run them both. But you could connect one or the other to the ALDL.

Bob

Does this display update faster/clearer than the old scanmaster? Meaning we can turn the update frame rate up to match the powerlogger without the display blurring out?

15+ frames/second is too fast for your brain to "follow" from what I've found, so I am trying to find a good middle ground. But the basic answer is "yes"

Bob

Well Bob since I doubt we'll ever cross paths, what's your address because Im going to buy you a beer! haha

Tax return has already been dubbed "car money" and the government has told me Wednesday I should have it... so You'll have another order Wednesday! My old SM box has been very very good to me, and it blows people's minds when they ride in the car and see just how much I can show them with that box alone. Oddly, the speedometer feature is what blows most car guys away... but then again most non turbo or non efi guys don't know what KR is anyways.

So I'm thinking about adding a WB02 and I don't have power logger (yet). I haven't really spent the time looking into WB02 setups, but I was wondering which one you'd recommend?

I've personally used the Innovate units (LM1 and LC1), and the PLX stuff, and had good luck with all of them. Lots of guys like the AEM also. Any one of these would work well for you.

Bob

i have a first gen scanmaster and have been waiting to upgrade
this is awesome!!!!

yes, once I get caught up. :)

Bob

ojdzrk.jpg

The new Scanmaster-G communicates with the PowerLogger using a different protocol, so you can't run them both. But you could connect one or the other to the ALDL.

Bob

I currently have 2 Scanmasters running off the Powerlogger.
The Scanmaster G can only be hooked to the Powerlogger by itself?
Will I need to put the 2.1 chip back in 1 of them and run it off ALDL?

Thanks, Mike

I currently have 2 Scanmasters running off the Powerlogger.
The Scanmaster G can only be hooked to the Powerlogger by itself?
Will I need to put the 2.1 chip back in 1 of them and run it off ALDL?

Thanks, Mike

The Scanmaster-G uses a different baud rate and protocol to communicate with the PL, so you can't have an original Scanmaster and a "G" connected to the PL. You would need to run one of them from the ALDL (so yes).

I had not thought of it, but the software in the "G" could be set up to run 2 of them from the PL. Gotta think on that for a bit, there is bidirectional communications happening, so there is some complexity there. Gonna take some brain work.

B

i asked about doing this a few years ago, and almost everyone called me an idiot and said there was no need to do it...

now it's done and everyone thinks it's the greatest idea in the history of ideas..

that being said, i'm getting one of these as soon as the T Type gets it's turn to get worked on and put back into service.

Last edited:
Someone was asking about how the display might look with rapidly changing data, so I tried to make a short vid of how the tps display follows rapid changes. Still in the garage because of our crappy weather here that's sticking around until Wed.
Here ya go: