Scanmaster as a gauge

Great product!!! I have the ScanmasterG working well with the powerlogger using USB cable (com4).
Wireless seems difficult to hookup
My PC can pair with the HC-06 device and shows com5. Using powerlogger setup I choose automatic, or com5 but no connection. pc shows device is authenticated and connected.........any ideas? dell laptop with usb dongle bluetooth adapter

Sounds like the same problem I and a few of us are having. Bob is aware of the Bluetooth connectivity problem and is working on a software fix for us to download in the future.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Received mine today. Plan on installing it this weekend. For updates, I assume you will have to connect thru BT if you don't have a powerlogger? Because I don't see any other way of connecting it.

Great product!!! I have the ScanmasterG working well with the powerlogger using USB cable (com4).
Wireless seems difficult to hookup
My PC can pair with the HC-06 device and shows com5. Using powerlogger setup I choose automatic, or com5 but no connection. pc shows device is authenticated and connected.........any ideas? dell laptop with usb dongle bluetooth adapter

One of the issues I found while working on getting the BT connection to hold reliably, was a few things. I noticed that my BT connection used two ports (in my case 7 & 8). If yours shows two, always select the lowest of the two. AND, more importantly, I also found out that to get it to connect and stay in monitor mode, I had to UNcheck the automatic box. It usually works well this way.

The one thing I have decided over the years is that BlueTooth connections, no matter what equipment we're talking about, is never 100% reliable. The USB cable connection has always been reliable so that's what I use most of the time. I hook up via BT at least several times a week to make sure things still seem OK.

I connected the logger to my computer, and pressed monitor to make sure it connected. Then I went to the scanmaster setting page and selected download. Said there were 0 logs and none downloaded.

Same here. I can store logs with powerlogger as always. ScanmasterG shows 6% full with 70 logs. F3 page of powerlogger wont let me access them.....If thats a known bug no problem......I can wait for a fix

Same here. I can store logs with powerlogger as always. ScanmasterG shows 6% full with 70 logs. F3 page of powerlogger wont let me access them.....If thats a known bug no problem......I can wait for a fix
You have to download them first, and THEN, load them for viewing.

it sounds like you have noisy logs (70 logs), where is the gauge grounded? try grounding it to the PowerLogger analog block.

reset the stored logs by holding the right button when viewing the log stats on the gauge (takes about 10 seconds)

There are some bluetooth connectivity issues, I will have a fix ready soon.

Bob

Installed my Scanmaster-G last night. Don't know what any of the data means but it looks cool lol. It told me there are no trouble codes present, which is nice. I also found out my charging system is poop. With lights off I am at 12.3 volts. With headlights on and AC running I am at 11.7 volts. I let it idle for about 20 minutes in the driveway and the temps went up to 203. What is normal operating range? I took it for a drive to test my new boost gauge and I noticed that my factory boost bar is not accurate. It shows MAX boost but the most I saw was 12 psi on the VDO. I also noticed some knock retard but way at the high end like at 12psi. I saw -1.9. Is it ok to see some or should it always be 0.0 ? I wonder if my voltage issue is causing a lean issue? I am almost certain that it is based on the info I have read on here.

Installed my Scanmaster-G last night. Don't know what any of the data means but it looks cool lol. It told me there are no trouble codes present, which is nice. I also found out my charging system is poop. With lights off I am at 12.3 volts. With headlights on and AC running I am at 11.7 volts. I let it idle for about 20 minutes in the driveway and the temps went up to 203. What is normal operating range? I took it for a drive to test my new boost gauge and I noticed that my factory boost bar is not accurate. It shows MAX boost but the most I saw was 12 psi on the VDO. I also noticed some knock retard but way at the high end like at 12psi. I saw -1.9. Is it ok to see some or should it always be 0.0 ? I wonder if my voltage issue is causing a lean issue? I am almost certain that it is based on the info I have read on here.

Double check your voltage with a voltmeter. Mine showed 11.4 volts at one time while my voltmeter showed 13.6

sounds like there are a few things that need attention.

the cooling fan is controlled by the ECM/chip, but that temp sounds high, so you need to see if the fan is coming on. (what chip are you running?)

the voltage sounds low, so you need to dig into that.

any knock retard at 12 psi would be unusual, but for now, a couple degrees are not too worrisome at that boost level, but if you ever hear it knock lift your foot.

post back your findings

Bob

SyTy is almost done, finishing up the testing here shortly. XFI is next, so I would say July 1, perhaps.

Bob

hopefully in the next week or so, but it will use the powerlogger to flash the unit, If you dont have access to a PL, then PM me.

Bob

it sounds like you have noisy logs (70 logs), where is the gauge grounded? try grounding it to the PowerLogger analog block.

reset the stored logs by holding the right button when viewing the log stats on the gauge (takes about 10 seconds)

With the scanmasterG grounded to the analog block Im still getting a large number of "Junk" log files. Are there any underdash grounds that may need attention? The underhood grounds have been relocated to a block on the firewall.. Most readings seem normal. WB, Boost, MAF, BLM ect