Scanmaster and TPS Adjustment

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
Just got my new Scanmaster hooked up tonight and was going through some of the setup and menus. I noticed that my TPS was low at idle(.38) and low at WOT (4.3) So I adjusted it a little and ended up with an idle reading of .46(should be .42 according to the instructions) and a 4.5 at WOT(should be 4.6-4.8)

Throttle is resting against the stop at idle and hitting the stop at WOT.

Do I have a bad TPS?

If I adjust higher the idle number is too high, if I drop the idle to .42 the WOT number is too low.

What do I do?

Also, I can't get to the injector pulse width or spark advance menu. Is this normal?

You just have to play with it to get it right. It can be a pita, but patience will prevail. Make sure you set your iac first. On our old cars, ANY sensor could be bad. Vortex buick has good instructions on setting tps and a lot of other good info

.46 at idle and 4.5 at WOT is fine, no need to change it.

You won't see spark advance or injector pulsewidth on the Scanmaster unless your chip is specially ordered to show it. So the Scanmaster is acting normally.

Regards,
Eric

My scanmaster doesn't display spark or injector pw either. It's a 2.1 which is the latest.

EDIT: post above explains it.

You'll only get the injector pulse width and spark advance if you install a powerlogger which will come with the ugraded 2.2 chip to install in the scanmaster.

You can special order your chip to include a special datastream (no Powerlogger required), but then the chip won't work with any other ALDL scantools besides your Scanmaster.

Adjust TPS with key on, engine off. Set at .42, then mash the pedal to the floor and it should be 4.5 or higher. Adjust the IAC with warm engine turned on and idling with all accessories turned off, set around 22-25.

Adjust TPS with key on, engine off. Set at .42, then mash the pedal to the floor and it should be 4.5 or higher. Adjust the IAC with warm engine turned on and idling with all accessories turned off, set around 22-25.

Just got my new Scanmaster hooked up tonight and was going through some of the setup and menus. I noticed that my TPS was low at idle(.38) and low at WOT (4.3) So I adjusted it a little and ended up with an idle reading of .46(should be .42 according to the instructions) and a 4.5 at WOT(should be 4.6-4.8)
WOT does not have to be 4.6-4.8 Anything over 4.0 volts is good.

Just to expand on that IAC setting. If it's that high the car should be in drive. In park you want it much lower. (personally I like mine as low as you can get when fully warmed up but not reading "0").