Scanmaster 2.1 not working

xclrate

Hey all. I just hooked up my scanmaster.I turn the key on and it powers up and says 2.1 and then it shuts off. I rechecked all my connections and they were good. So I hooked up my otc scanner and I have no communication. I then ohmed out the orange wire from the aldl to the ecm and I have continuity. Do I have a bad ecm?

Does the SES light blink once and come on solid Key on Engine off

Pull the plugs on the ecm. Check that the pins are all in tact. Check for corrosion in the plugs. Something is keeping the signal from getting through. If the car runs, I can't see ecm being bad.

Good Luck!

Rick

I just popped in the 2.2 and my SM just reads 2.2 and PL24.2 with key on and goes blank. What the heck did I do wrong?

I just popped in the 2.2 and my SM just reads 2.2 and PL24.2 with key on and goes blank. What the heck did I do wrong?
Where's your data wire hooked to?

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

I'll assume you meant to say the SCM port on the analog input block?

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Sorry, i was in a hurry yesterday.
I already had my SM 2.1 hooked up with the PL for years. Now I just got around to installing the 2.2 chip and the SM doesnt work. It powers up and displays SM2.2 and PL24.2 when the key is first turned, then it shows blank. I lost my instructions a while back, so asking if I needed to change anything else from this swap?

OK I've checked all connections and ecm plugs. Still no datastream or communication. I've even tried another ecm. No luck. Now what?bad prom?

My sm was giving me problems and I sent it back in to Bob. Came back like new for free!

ok I just tried a good known ecm and a different chip. Same issue. No data to scanmaster and no communication with scanner. I jumped a and b at aldl and got a code 12. Im lost

Ok. So I tried one more ecm for a total of three and I now have data to my scanmaster. Car runs great and the problem is fixed. It was two bad ecms in a row.