scam what you think..

kraus

Ok i got a set of wheels on craigslist for sale so guy send s me a reply and i replied back and now got this so how can i find out this for real or not.I THINK SCAM....

Thanks for replying, am seriously interested in buying this item, am ok with the description and condition and am also satisfied with the price but please i will appreciate it, if you can withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance as you will be receiving payment soon. I will be paying with a Certified Bank Check. I will need you to provide me all this information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Your full name to be on the check. 2. Your mailing address(residential address) please no P.O BOX address because i want the payment to get to you at your house or your office address to make the transaction fast .3.Your phone number and the best time to contact you.***

As for the pick up,i will know how to handle that with my mover that as been helping me to move in my belongings into our home, the Mover will come for the pick up once the Certified Bank Check has been cashed and i will like to complete this transaction before Saturday the 29th of November. Thanks and get back to me with the full info as soon as possible.Thanks.

--- On Sat, 8/15/09, Mike Kraus <mkraus@ripsnortin.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: AUTO PART
To: "Mic William" <williammic@ymail.com>
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 4:05 PM

i am asking $750 lowest i can go is $625 i have $500 in just tires

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 06:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

>get back to me with the last price.
>
>--- On Sat, 8/15/09, Mike Kraus < mkraus@ripsnortin.net> wrote:
>
>From: Mike Kraus < mkraus@ripsnortin.net>
>Subject: Re: AUTO PART
>To: "Mic William" < micwill1988@googlemail.com>
>Date: Saturday, August 15, 2009, 11:40 AM
>
>In great shape except for one rim has a scratch that is minor.Tires have 500 miles on them since new.Call me at 920 979 6477 and we can discuss aprice ask for mike
>
>---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
>From: Mic William < micwill1988@googlemail.com>
>Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 02:20:20 +0100
>
>>Good day
>>
>> How are you doing?........... i read about your advert on
>>craigslist please i want you to tell me more about the auto parts the final
>>asking price and the condition.
>>
>>God bless you
>>
>>

So get the check and cash it. If it's from out of state it will still take a couple days to clear.

Bank checks can be as fake as bad checks but you have the parts so what do u have to loose other then giving up ur address. Real or not ur gonna have to give up some info either way to who ever buys it unless you do everything thru PayPal.

I say scam !!!!! His response is a generic one where he spoke of the "item"' I wouldn't do it, but that's just my opinion.

110% scam. If you want to play with him a little, tell him to send the check "certified mail". DO NOT use your real name or address, though. It's an ID hijacking scam. CraigsList is full of this crap, usually the first reply I get when I'm trying to sell something.

I know its a scam so now how to mess with this guy maybe tell him to the irs address or something hmmm what do....

I say scam !!!!! His response is a generic one where he spoke of the "item"' I wouldn't do it, but that's just my opinion.

+1 "Item" is the word that gives it away. Generic wording that can be spammed by a bot to thousands of ads. I sell on Craigslist every day, the spam is very easy to spot.

If you reply, he will usually use, "I will send a money order and my courier will pick the item up in 2 weeks. In the meantime take extra cash for your trouble and send the excess funds ($X,XXX) to my acct. By the time your bank bounces his money order or cashiers check, he has your money and is long gone in Nigeria.

I also include in all my ads, "If you are reading this, the XYZ is still for sale. I will remove this ad when it is sold." This eliminates the inevitable first email that asks if the XYZ is still for sale and speeds up the entire selling process. So, if some numbskull starts with ... Is the item still for sale? I hit DELETE. ;)

Tell him your rich uncle died in horrible hippo stomp acciedent in affrika and let him as benifisherary of 20 million US funds, all you need is his bank routing number, with other check info plus his SS number

A postal order is as good as cash. Tell this scammer you accept Postal orders only. If he can get a bank check he can get a Postal order. Postal orders are good to $1000.00.

Give him ur work number and have it shipped to a friends address.

Then again, the term "God bless you" is used by many scammers to appear less evil.

give him the address of the local police department, and tell them what's going on. hopefully, you can get them to send a fake postal money order- because then it becomes a federal offense..

he already has your name from your email right? can't do s%it with just a name. request a postal m.o as was already recommended and see what happens. you don't release the rims till you have cash. seems pretty simple and straight forward. YOU call the shots YOU have the merchandise.

I sell things on craigslist all the time and I have gotten that same email many times. I don't know what the scam is, but I just delete them and move on. I have never heard back from whomever the thief is.