scam or not????

brianmcc23

This was on ebay earlier and this is the e-mail the guy sent me. What do you think this is? Have you guys run across this b-4 This is how it read. "Hello,
First, I want you to know that I live in USA,but for the moment I'm in
Czech Republic.Two months ago my cousin died in a tragic car accident.
My cousin family need money urgently and that's why i sell this car so
cheap,because i want to help them.
The car is in good condition .It has a title clear which you will
receive along with the car .
The buy it now price is $6,000.
Regarding the payment method i would like to use eBay like a 3rd
part for the deposit because eBay will protect us.I am a seal member and that's mean I am backed up for all my auctions on eBay.I pay them fees for that!
The car is already into eBay possession, they inspected and tested the car to see if the description on eBay matches with the real condition.
Look how they work:
1.I will contact them , and I will send your shipping information to eBay.
2.They will send us mail forms (the forms will be from customer support
team) for you about payment .
3.Those forms must be filled by every part of this deal(me and you)
with infos that they required.
4.We must submit the forms.
This means a 3rd party.
After all that will be done,the car will be shipped from eBay,and
will arrive to your place in max. 5 days.
You will receive a tracking # in the same day that the car will be
shipped from eBay.
I forgot to tell you that the shipping is free if you pay $6,000 for my car .
If you want to go on with this deal , mail me asap because I have another
interested buyer and I need to sell this car fast.
Best Regards!"

Do you really need an answere to that? :rolleyes: I got a bridge for sale if your interested. :biggrin:

Didnt have to read more than the first line. Ive gotten thoes before. I told the guy i would report him to Ebay officials and he said , i have my buyers lined up and if you believe this is a "scam" go ahead and report me and you need not reply to this e-mail. thankyou. The next day he was kicked off. The funny thing is, they are so stupid, they all have the same exact scam that says exactly what you posted.

At any one time there are probably a hundred scams the exact same on Ebay. Buy it now, Paypal required, etc.

If it is too good to be true, it usually is. Email him and say you have family nearby and they will come take a look at it. A beer says you will get no reply, or a BS one.

Man, what's up with the harsh remarks!! As you can tell I am new to the GN world. I was just asking for some kind remarks. I am new to the whole ebay thing also. I have a 1984 hot air in my garage that "runs great" that I bought off of e-bay. Motor is junk and at the machine shop as we speak. That's why I signed up for these forums to get the proper help that us "newbies" need. Which I am sure all of you were at one time. Thanks for the info to the rest of you who replied with kind words. Brian

brianmcc23 said:
Man, what's up with the harsh remarks!! As you can tell I am new to the GN world. I was just asking for some kind remarks. I am new to the whole ebay thing also. I have a 1984 hot air in my garage that "runs great" that I bought off of e-bay. Motor is junk and at the machine shop as we speak. That's why I signed up for these forums to get the proper help that us "newbies" need. Which I am sure all of you were at one time. Thanks for the info to the rest of you who replied with kind words. Brian

I want to help. Yes, it's a scam. Next time, buy an intercooled model: 1986 or 1987, and go see the car in person, with a knowledgeable buddy, if needed. Welcome to the Dark Side, you now own a money pit.

brianmcc23 said:

Take heart....I think you feel anger from some posters, but, the anger is directed toward scam sellers and NOT you personally.

I saw an ebay ad for a tractor I wanted real bad, and had to figure it out myself that it was unlikely that I could get a tractor shipped from the Azores for half the price I could buy one stateside. The old addage applies here: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.... :)

P.S. I moved your thread to the Turbo Lounge, it fits better there :)

It's a good idea to find some local TB guys and check out the landscape. Many guys have a few cars and buy and them often. You might be able to find a good car for a realistic price from someone local.

hey I got a GNX for $6k !!!!! it's being shipped from Nigeria now !! I should have it in a week !!! then who will have the last laugh ?? :eek: :p

what an ass! You are using these forums for all the wrong reasons. I'm done w/ you. no need to reply!

brianmcc23 said:

I doubt any of the harsh remarks were directed at you Brian. E-bay is loaded with this very same scam. If you are new to E-bay, you need to know they do not house cars or act as a third party for anything other than transfer of funds via paypal. If you have any trouble with the deal, E-bay will be the first to tell you it is your problem, not theirs.

A good rule of thumb with any deal is, do not under any condition deal with anyone outside the United States. These deals leave you no recourse if you have to take any legal actions.

Sorry some sounded less than friendly, but it was out of concern, not them being hard on you. Good luck with your experience here. There is a lot of good people and more than enough knowledge to go around.

brianmcc23 said:
what an ass! You are using these forums for all the wrong reasons. I'm done w/ you. no need to reply!
-----------------------------------------
Brian, I'm sorry, but I know Dan, alias "Grumpy" and he is a great guy. He just has a sense of humor, that's all. We all need some humor sometimes. We all, or most of us, cut up a little on all of the forums. The forums would be very dry and booring if we didn't. Gotta learn to chill a little, dude. Dan (Grumpy) is not an ass and he did not mean anything personal. That was just Dan's way of saying, Hi. Welcome to the board.

Thanks all for your replies. Everyone on these forums have been more than helpful. The knowledge on here is pricless. I am not one to take offense very often but I was offended by the comments made. I did use common sense and sent every e-mail and oune of info to e-bay. All i wanted know is if anyone had experienced anything like it. I will be the bigger man and apologize "i'm sorry grumpy" by no means am I any position to be black balled from all the great help I need on these forums. I will go for now. I have to work on an 84 junk grand national I bought off e-bay. No kidding!!!

brianmcc23 said:
Thanks all for your replies. Everyone on these forums have been more than helpful. The knowledge on here is pricless. I am not one to take offense very often but I was offended by the comments made. I did use common sense and sent every e-mail and oune of info to e-bay. All i wanted know is if anyone had experienced anything like it. I will be the bigger man and apologize "i'm sorry grumpy" by no means am I any position to be black balled from all the great help I need on these forums. I will go for now. I have to work on an 84 junk grand national I bought off e-bay. No kidding!!!
------------------------------------------
You are right, Brian, it does take a big man to be the 1st to step forward for the shake, and my hat's off to you. Good luck on the '84. And welcome to the board, if you had a welcome thread, I slept through it.

TURBOTWIN2 said:
I want to help. Yes, it's a scam. Next time, buy an intercooled model: 1986 or 1987, and go see the car in person, with a knowledgeable buddy, if needed. Welcome to the Dark Side, you now own a money pit.

AMEN! :cool:
Welcome :)

Grumpy said:
you will get thick skin after your here for a while :biggrin:

Dude, it's a total scam.

Awww hell, I just deleted a big response. I'll save it for another time.