saw an 89TTA For sale, belong to anyone here??

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
Route 40/Pulaski Highway, New Castle Delaware.

We stopped and looked at it about 4:00am last night while working. I spotted it out of the corner of my eye. Very nice condition, 94k, stock turbo, 3" THDP, 206/206 cam, scanmaster, and my Dad said there was something else on the dash, I took a closer look and it was a SMC Controller. A whole write up on the car on the dash, read it through the windshield. Car number #287, number 75 in line during the race, it has a 75 written on the back bumper where the license plate would be. T-tops, cloth interior. No price, I'm guessing mid $20,000. No track time, but he states the stock 0-60 time is 4.8, with his mods he has clocked it at 3.58 0-60mph.

Belong to anyone on here?
Why you selling?

My Dad and I talked about trading the GN for it. I thought about it, but we both decided no. In his words, there's just something about the GN, a mystique, a mean look, you know you saw something when you see it. The 89TTA, in his words again, looked just like all the other firebirds, trans-ams, camaro's of that era, you wouldn't know it was different unless someone told you, or you asked. And I tend to agree with him. Just our opinion, a very nice car though. I had my chance to own one, the guy I bought my GN from had a TTA sitting right next to it in his driveway. I never looked at it twice or asked what he wanted for it, I'm still curious. I've never driven one, and I am curious how it feels compared to the GN.

No way it's going to pull $20,000, not with that many miles. Maybe $11,000-$13,000. And your dad's right, no one knows what a TTA is...there's no mystique to it like a GN. They are the best "seat / pants" car to ever drive though. I surprised the living daylights out of many unsuspecting would-be challengers. And mine was only 3 mods from stock.... 12.93 ET @ 105 mph with a 1.83 60' on starndard street radials. Headspinning performance!!

I was alittle off, it's listed in my paper at $13,900. At least I think it's the one I looked at. Because I posted this on the other board, and another member saw one at a dealer just up the road from this one. So theres either two of them, or just the one that has switched dealers in the past week. The one I saw, the place had a sign that said Certified Motors, rt40, a member said he saw one at ClearView Auto's, rt 13, and then my paper has it listed at Clean Cut Autos, rt13. So who knows? ClearView Auto's wants $15,900 for a 90k one according to the other member.