Savitske front chassis brace

my theory is all these things are holding the frame rails toghther,correct???
well what else is the front bumper doing,,,hold the rails........... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BandAid said:
my theory is all these things are holding the frame rails toghther,correct??? well what else is the front bumper doing,,,hold the rails........... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
--------------------------------
Questionable theory at best, and if you do a search, or post a query regarding the Kirban frame brace you will find that it ties the frame horns, or rails together much better than the bumper. I run one and will vouch for it's effectiveness. As far as the Savitske, I am sure that it works at least as well, or better that the other one mentioned as it is a true one piece design. Unfortunately, Savitske is not currently making these, last that I heard or was noted on his website, and my guess would be that he needs a certain quantity to make some more. Very well designed product. Back to the original question, I was never able to determine how user friendly it was towards stretched or other aftermarket intercoolers. Fwiw, I run a Thunderfab intercooler with the Kirban frame brace and it fits quite nicely.

Thanks for the info, Gary. A friend found their website and asked what I thought, and all I could say was "I dunno" :). I'll let him know that they may not actually be available, and if he gets one I'll post about the front mount.

Fwiw:
I no longer see a note on his site regarding not shipping at current time.
I will say this much about Savitske:
I have never heard even a ruffle of a complaint about him or his business.
I have heard that he is extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to building a suspension, either with his parts or someone elses.
I have heard that his products are well thought out,well executed, and received very well in the turbo Buick community.

ijames said:
Has anyone used this piece: http://www.scandc.com/chassisbraces.htm? It looks very nice, but also doesn't look front-mount intercooler friendly.

That isn't the TR version, they make a TR specific model that clears the IC. The bad news is that they don't have any plans to make any more of the TR version in the near future :(

Email them and ask for more info. They responded to all of my emails very quickly and answered all of my questions.

Marcus is a great guy, I had a postons or kirban brace on my 442 and it made a huge difference, I didnt think his could have made that much more of a difference but my girlfriend got it for me as a gift, and it does make a huge improvment. I have bought from Marcus many times for A body's and G Body's great products, I have no complaints.

Front braces

I'll have to look again, but I think these braces are back of the stock IC a ways, so I don't think that is a problem. I had put 3 separate pieces in years ago (1 across and 2 angled) from Kirban or whoever, and I think Mark has just put those together in one unit, which should be better. He told me he will make more when he gets enuf orders, so maybe we need to get together on this. Ur all right, he's great to work with and very knowledgable.

BTW, I just posted a bump steer problem that I'm working w Mark on in a separate post.

Lynn D. Brown said:
I'll have to look again, but I think these braces are back of the stock IC a ways, so I don't think that is a problem. I had put 3 separate pieces in years ago (1 across and 2 angled) from Kirban or whoever, and I think Mark has just put those together in one unit, which should be better. He told me he will make more when he gets enuf orders, so maybe we need to get together on this. Ur all right, he's great to work with and very knowledgable.

BTW, I just posted a bump steer problem that I'm working w Mark on in a separate post.

I was told that they do indeed make a TR specific version.

I still want one :)

Wells said:
I have never heard even a ruffle of a complaint about him or his business.
I have heard that he is extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to building a suspension, either with his parts or someone elses.
I have heard that his products are well thought out,well executed, and received very well in the turbo Buick community.

+1, he helped me out greatly with my front end. His tech help is excellent and stands 100% behind his products.