San Francisco Bay Area

I am in. I heard about this from some of the guys on the NorCalGN Yahoo group.
It would be nice to have a central area for us to communicate any events we may want to go to.

I would like to see this section too. Who knows how many more TR's there are lurking out there........

I would like to see this section too. Who knows how many more TR's there are lurking out there........
Very True! I know alot of Buick guys lay low due to all the low lifes interested in our cars. It would be nice to have a few invitation only type events or just plain donut gatherings.

Visiting the Bay Area

Hello Fellas,

I will be visiting the SF Bay Area this weekend March 15th to the 18th from Florida. I have a conference/training event in Napa Valley and was wondering if there are any local meets or car gatherings/racing happening this weekend. Thanks.

Regards,

Shev.

Absolutey nothing that I know of at the moment.

A few were talking of possibly hitting Sac Raceway for the Test-n-tune Saturday morning, but many couldn't make it so we are considering other dates. Looks like rain again anyhow. Also, it is a bit of a drive from Napa.

Do you like wine? You are in the right neighborhood!

Thanks Dean,

It would have been great to see some of the west coast buicks in action for sure. I am not a big fan of wine, but I am more than willing to try some different vintages.

I was just checking on the google maps and it is like 61 miles from SFO to Napa Valley. They say about an hour and 15 mins drive. Are they about right?

How is the traffic there on the weekdays? I am heading back to the airport from Napa on Tuesday around 11:30 am.

Regards,

Shev

On a Saturday, ~1.5 hours, but check the calendar of events because it depends on where exactly you are going.

Weekdays leaving Napa ~11:30 should be a breeze.

Thanks Dean,

It would have been great to see some of the west coast buicks in action for sure. I am not a big fan of wine, but I am more than willing to try some different vintages.

I was just checking on the google maps and it is like 61 miles from SFO to Napa Valley. They say about an hour and 15 mins drive. Are they about right?

How is the traffic there on the weekdays? I am heading back to the airport from Napa on Tuesday around 11:30 am.

Regards,

Shev
I think some guys headed up today to get some racing in but it is supposed to rain.
Driving time sounds about right. Traffic on weekdays is usually fine after the morning commute , say around 8-9 and before 3pm. That is just what I have observed. Luckily I don't have to commute.
On the 29th-30th is the Good Guys show a few of us are talking about going to.

BTW, didn't we get the requested number of people to post that they want a section? Is it going to happen?

BTW, didn't we get the requested number of people to post that they want a section? Is it going to happen?
We have the required # for getting it in, so thanks to all, I'm sure Shane is a busy guy, so it might take a few days or so for the section to be up.

Mark