Salvage6

tcgn

Did you get the bar yet?Keep us posted.I really want to know how it handles around turns and corners and the straight away take offs.Thanks
Thomas

Got the bar and the uppers and the poly passenger side motor mounts.

It goes on WED. I hope.

Not driving that car much anymore since winter is coming but it was 70 today so I warmed it up and went for a spin. :)

T shirt was on backorder. ;)

Installed the adjustable uppers today and the swaybar.

Took a bit of time but everything was aligned perfectly.

You really need the install tool to do the upper control arm bushings on the ears of the rear end housing. :cool:

Rained here so no serious testing to report as of yet.

Drove fine home.

HR Rear Sway Bar

Was the sway bar easy to install?Let me know how it handles and the straight away launch.Talk to you later
Thomas

Took about 2 1/2 hours for the swaybar install on a lift.

A good half hour to read the instructions and open all the parts bags to check out the stuff. :D

We pre-assembled the thing and mocked it up rather than do the measurement calculation stuff.

Came out perfect. My mechanic couldn't fit the 7/16" drill into his air drill but had a good 3/8" bit that we got the bolts through and aligned perfectly.

Swaybar fits with the 3" crossflow ATR exhaust too. Thought initially that was going to be an issue.

Very nicely put together kit, just takes a bit of time to install sincer there are 3 pages of destructions. :eek:

Bracket drilling into the upper support is the most crucial step but like I said went fine with good measurements and alignment.

I would NOT do it in a driveway that's for sure.

Not raining today almost time for a ride. :cool:

Car stays extremely level when launching I like that.

Very flat. :)

Handling is no big improvement as of yet. Still a bit of water on the roads and leaves. Corners fine.

ATR bar was a noticeable improvement in the other car with handling when it was bolted on right from the start.

Reminds me I didn't take out the air bags and need to put 1-2 psi. in them.

Prolly don't need them with the HR setup. :cool:

HR or ATR

Does the ATR help in launching straight?Does the ATR bar really improve handling?Does it have noise problems when driving?Does it really distort stock lower arms using the ATR bar?I have replaced my lower control arms last year with Dealer factory parts.Keep me posted on handling when the weather permits. ;)
Thomas

ATR bar requires good boxed lowers.

Used the HRParts boxing kit and greaseable poly bushings for the car with that bar. :)

No noises and it works fine. :cool:

I like both setups so far.

On the car with the ATR bar it really needed help tying the back end together. Old rusty hit in the back car. Very noticeable improvement and worked okay at the track too.

I am not a good racecar driver so 1.8's on Nittos is good for me on a poor track LVD in NY.

Got more driving to do tomorrow in the GN with the new bar. :cool:

HR Rear Sway Bar

Hello Salvage6,
So how`s the handling so far with your new HR rear bar?Let me know.Very interested in buying one if there`s a very noticable improvement in handling.Thanks
Thomas

I like the ATR bar better for handling.

But with your car and mods. the HR bar should be better for launching if you race it, nice and level.

How's that for being diplomatic?

No great handling improvement at all with the HR bar in daily driving.