Saleen 281 goes down twice

J Speak

Had the car out for a quick spin to test the turbo tweak chip .Wow what a difference. Ran the saleen from a 15 roll than a 25 roll. He wasn't too far behind . But hey what can you expect a $50,000 car vs a $4500 lead sled. He was a real cool guy. He knew what the car was. He said he had a typhoon.

Yeah they do have blowers.The guy around the block from me has one.They listed for 60k new in 2001.It has 425 hp and runs mid 12's from Saleen.Not a real good bang for the buck imo.The guy near me gets on it often but never even breaks the tires free as far as I can tell.Those 4.6 motors sound very blah to me compared to a sweet sounding SBC.Here is one with specs
Saleen s281

Originally posted by J Speak
Had the car out for a quick spin to test the turbo tweak chip .Wow what a difference. Ran the saleen from a 15 roll than a 25 roll. He wasn't too far behind . But hey what can you expect a $50,000 car vs a $4500 lead sled. He was a real cool guy. He knew what the car was. He said he had a typhoon.

Nice kill. I was never a big fan of the saleen when they are asking that kind of money. Although that car handles awesome and stops equally as well, low 13s @ 105-107 mph was just never fast enough for me for 40K+. I think the Eaton M90 supercharger they used was a bad choice from a performance point of view.

SMITH CAIRNS HERE IN THE BRONX (NYC}SELLS THEM OVER PRICED TUPAWEAR NOT EVEN NICE LOOKING. MY FRIEND AND I IN HIS GN DESTROYED ONE ABOUT A YEAR AGO.I THOUGHT ASSHOLES IN 302 SUPER CHARGED MUDSTAINS WERE ARROGANT AND COCKY ,NO THE "SUCK " 81 PEOPLE FAR AND FEW R REAL IDIOTS. WHAT REALLY MADE THE KILL I REMEMBER SPECIAL WAS AFTER HE GOT KILLED TWICE AND HIS SOUL DIED ALSO,HE FOLLOWED US HONKING AND BLINKING THE LIGHTS,SO WE FINALLT PULL OVER HE COMES OUT SAYS "WHAT IS UNDER THAT HOOD". "231" ROB SAID. "A WHAT" "3.8 V6" ."SHOW ME". HE COULDNT BELIEVE IT 123... 6 ONLY A SIX COUNTING THE PLUG WIRES DIDNT EVEN SEE THE FRONT MOUNT,ALCOHOHOL IN.OR THE MANSION SIZE TURBO OR THE F-16 GUAGES IN THE INTERIOR.WALKED BACK TOHIS CAR SILENT AND DROVE OFF SLOWLY AND WE GOT A 6 PACK LATER AND TALKED ABOUT THE ENCOUNTER THRU THE NIGHT.

Originally posted by boostedgm
SMITH CAIRNS HERE IN THE BRONX (NYC}SELLS THEM OVER PRICED TUPAWEAR THE "SUCK ".

LOL..Me and my buddies thought we were the only ones calling late model stuff Tupperware!