Safe to use 50/50 mix to clean windshield (paint, wipers & sensors)?

Jer

I realize it's a n00b question but in my previous injection setup I had a dedicated methanol tank so I never had this question. I did a search and didn't find my answer so here it goes: Is a 50/50 (meth/H20) mix safe to use on the windshield? My new application will use the windshield reservoir for the methanol reservoir and since I live in Colorado and do lots of commuting I will need to use the fluid for what it was designed for. Will this mixture be safe for the paint/clear coat, the rubber in the wipers and any seals involved with the windshield itself. It should also be noted that my car has rain sensing windshield wipers so I'm not sure what does the sensing but I want to make sure this extra strong mixture will be safe for everything involved.

I'm not too concerned about freezing since the methanol content will be higher than 'Winter' blend windshield washer fluids.

Just want to make sure I cover all the pros and cons of using a windshield washer reservior when planning my system out.

Thanks for the help!

Wax the car.. shoot it on the windshield.. see if the wax is affected. Strong concentrations of methanol can strip wax. The rest of your components should be fine.

You could always use a smaller separate reservoir for the WW functions. All you would need to do is move the motor from the original tank to a small auxillary tank.