sad rememberance

Ricky, sorry for the loss. Just know this board is full of very experienced people. You will be able to carry on his legacy with the help of everyone.
Just a side note, I too am a Deputy and live in Grant County Indiana. If you need help just call out.
I converted my 87 over to E85 and loved the stuff.
Lets us know if we can help.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well - finally back from Ohio and sorted thru all these parts. And there are alot of parts. I now have (6) 3.8l motors with rotating assemblies (4) 4.1L blocks (5) sets of stock 8445 heads (10)sets of whats labeled (mc bars) (2) 8.5 rear ends (1) set of factory GN rims and so on and so on. What was he thinking? Wish he had seats in the mix. Going to sit down and figure out what to do with all this stuff, maybe sell it. Use proceeds to get car back together.

I'd been bitching at him to go get that stuff for months now. He said the parts weren't going to go anywhere, but it still seemed sketchy just leaving them out of state and out of sight.

I didn't know about the GN rims and the second axle (or he told me and I didn't catch it). If one or both of those is a G80 posi, they fetch good money. They can put a good dent on the remaining parts costs. The 3.8's need to have a casting that ends in '109' to be worth real money. If they have a turbo drain hole on the front of the block, there's a good chance they have a turbo crank in them. Those cranks can help fund the completion too. If they're normally aspirated 3.8 cranks, they're pretty much worth their weight in scrap.

One of those 4.1 blocks were supposed to make it's way down here for a winter build with my custom forged pistons, and he was going to built one for himself too. I can't recall what Wayne wanted to do with the rest of them. The one he was going to build was using that steel crank with the spun rod journal. He was going to turn it down to BBC size and get me to make him some Buick 4.1 pistons that use a BBC wrist pins and set up for BBC rod lengths.......

That was his idea for the back-up 'big block buick v6' anyways...

All the 3.8L have the 109 casting number and a large hole in the front - like the motor he was working on for his car.
I have a friend coming over to check out rear ends on Wednesday. They also all have a dished piston like the set of factory rods and piston he has on a shelve in the garage. I have the steel crank here and its turned down greased up and bagged. I haven't gotten to all the boxes of stuff yet. Not really looking forwarded to going thru all that stuff - don't know what is what enough to know what everything is. I might be posting pics for help on iding them.

As I remember Uncle Wayne did say something about sending one down to you. At least I think it was you. There been a few people reach out and give there sympathy and ask about different stuff. I'm trying to get thru everything and see if any of it checks out. But i do remember he said something about shipping one thru Fastenal to Georgia. And you do seem to know alot about his car and plans he had for it. If you can tell me what color he wanted to repaint his car I'd know for sure. The color he wanted it to be since he got it.

Well working night shift - gotta get ready.

Oh yeah - almost forgot - the parts were in a safe place. The guy he had holding them was a army buddy. Found out somethings Uncle Wayne wouldn't ever talk about. Tom said he will be going down with a couple other team members to pay respects and put up a flag pole to "fly the colors" as he always said. That's one thing I'm so not ready to go thru yet. He never opened this old foot locker that has his military things in it. I know there's a purple heart in it. But I'm just not ready for all that.

All the 3.8L have the 109 casting number and a large hole in the front - like the motor he was working on for his car.
I have a friend coming over to check out rear ends on Wednesday. They also all have a dished piston like the set of factory rods and piston he has on a shelve in the garage. I have the steel crank here and its turned down greased up and bagged. I haven't gotten to all the boxes of stuff yet. Not really looking forwarded to going thru all that stuff - don't know what is what enough to know what everything is. I might be posting pics for help on iding them.

As I remember Uncle Wayne did say something about sending one down to you. At least I think it was you. There been a few people reach out and give there sympathy and ask about different stuff. I'm trying to get thru everything and see if any of it checks out. But i do remember he said something about shipping one thru Fastenal to Georgia. And you do seem to know alot about his car and plans he had for it. If you can tell me what color he wanted to repaint his car I'd know for sure. The color he wanted it to be since he got it.

Well working night shift - gotta get ready.

LOL. The color choice is a good one. In the last year or so, he's made deal after deal with people for a new body, or a roller with no rust. Since the car you have now is a converted hotair with rust issues he wanted to move his drivetrain over into a new shell with fresh paint. Everytime, it would fall through and I'd try and convince him to just get the damn car running so he can drive it... and then worry about finding a new roller to go through. We didn't talk about the body much since the car wasn't running. I was trying to help him get the engine together... and LEAVE it together! lol
I'm trying to remember the setup... Seems like it was a neices husband's dad that was a bodyman (or something like that). You must have really talked to him a lot to know about the FASTENAL hookup. I told him about that so he could get some rust free doors shipped from the south/southwest for cheep. I got his attention when I told him I shipped a 300# 4-player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on a 4X4 pallet from GA to Boston for $100.

That trick will help you move big stuff like the axles and blocks and stuff that's either too big or heavy to ship. The only trick is whoever you ship it to has to pick it up at their local FASTENAL store.