S10 ZQ8 shocks?

1Badelky

I believe s10's with the ZQ8 suspension package use bilstein shocks, and I am using the ZQ8 springs (1.5" drop) on the front of my El Camino. I was wondering if the lowered s10 shocks will work on a G-body since they use the same front suspension.

I see no reason why they wouldn't be ideal, just want to make sure before I buy them. Or does anyone have another suggestion for good lowering shocks?

Bilsteins hold up really well so why don't you see if you can find a set from a salvage yard. We've done this before with trucks and have had good sucess.

I have these shocks on the front of my 79malibu wagon, iron headed v8, AFCO 900 lb/in springs with adjustable sping cups. They were a lower cost alternative to fully adjustable and were shorter so hey have the range of motion i needed. the car is 2 inches lower than stock, give or take some. They work great, I had KYBs, bell-tec nitro drops, and some other "lowered" shocks in they and they all failed at working with the heavy spring rate.

I have a set of the Bilstiens from a S-10 on my car and love them. Fronts are the same and are a direct bolt in swap. You can use the rears too if you can get the metal sleeve out of the lower bushing and have replacement shocks in your car now with the lower stud with bolts on both ends on the rear end housing (I got the sleeves out by grabing the ends with vise grips and twisting back and forth until they came loose and pulled out) They are a bit longer but I put them on the car years ago and have had no problems.