S10 engine swap

Do a search in the hybred section. My buddy Billy (goat) has one and I gave him some ideas on how to get traction with it.

Swap

I worked for Hooker Headers in the late 70's and they had swap kits then for many Japanese trucks for a V-6. I bet they can help for an S-10
Mitch

P1110008.jpg

P7170751.jpg this is my 83 project in the works. its bodydropped on 20s built the crew cab out of a std cab and 4 door blazer, hand made frame from firewall back, tubular front control arms and a wishbone out back, air ride suspension, gn drivetrain rear end steering wheel center council an bubble on the hood!n much much much more. lemme know what you think. n if you guys r interested in it ill put more pics up. not sure if you guys r into this stuff, thanks mike

I think me and you need to get together boss. Nice work there btw.

thanks alot. if you get a chance text me your number tomorrow for future reference, btw there is a build up of the truck on streetsourcemag.com under build ups in the forums section. thet title of the build is is somethin like 1st gen s10 crew cab w gn drivetrain GPC. if u wanna check it out. will be at end of 1st page or begining of second page of build ups.

Ummmmm, I wonder if I should do that to my 4X4 Jimmy :D

i put a TBI 350 in a 4X4 '88 S10 that looked and ran like a stock install.. made all the parts (mounts, oil pan, exhaust y pipe) myself. other than not bolting up to the stock 700r4 trans, a turbo 3.8 swap shouldn't be that much harder to do..

thanks alot. if you get a chance text me your number tomorrow for future reference, btw there is a build up of the truck on streetsourcemag.com under build ups in the forums section. thet title of the build is is somethin like 1st gen s10 crew cab w gn drivetrain GPC. if u wanna check it out. will be at end of 1st page or begining of second page of build ups.

is that a front door you cut down to make the rear door? i work in a bodyshop and worked on tons of those 1st gen's when they were new. i always liked them

Attachments

• DO_Spiderman__721201023850AM9144.jpg
    DO_Spiderman__721201023850AM9144.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 494
  • P9060433.jpg
    P9060433.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 440
I did my smallblock swap in my 87 S-10 back in 94 and was planing to update with a LS engine but when a friend was selling his GN drivetrain, I jumped at the chance. I picked up the engine and trans a couple weekends ago and I'm starting to detail everything before I start the swap. The truck ran low 12s @ 107 in Nov. at Reynolds with the SBC/200 4R and I'm hoping for low 11s with the turbo 6. The engine has a 60 turbo, 42# injectors, 219 cam and ran mid 11s in the GN. From the research I've done, there are only a handfull of S-10s done with the buick 6 swap, which is why I went with it over the LS. I'm going to try to document this swap well and I'll keep you posted.

Jason

Yea I got 5 of them in my yard right now screw lsx motors...