S/C 3800 blower in 4.1 N/A?

mygrain

unregistered
What would i have to do to make it work? I want a draw through carb system. A good friend of mine is a very skilled metal fabricator and could make a carb adapter for the top, but before we buy a blower for the sand rail that this engine is going into we need to know if the intake ports will match up. Will we need to get 3800 style heads? what else is involved in the super charger setup besides the blower?

I am not all knowing, but I do know that the intake and exhaust ports are in different locations on the 3.8/4.1L's vs. 3800SC series 2 engines. this would also translate to a different camshaft also.

A good friend of mine is a very skilled metal fabricator and could make a carb adapter for the top

You do know this supercharger (the Eaton M-90 series) is a rear inlet design right? You mentioned a carb adaptor for the top in your above statement. Ya know. A cool sandrail would be fuel injected. That way it would still run when it's upside down off a cliff. :D ;) :p

i was thinking about picking up a 3800 engine from this wrecked 97 regal in a yard for $250 and putting the blower on that. I s this a better idea?

I guess maybe we are miss-communicating. What blower are you looking at? And is this engine blown from the factory or natural. You do know the blown engines have different internals and such, more or less they are built from the ground up for the blower, not just adapted as an after thought.

I think Im just gonna go the high compression/big cam route. Thanks for your input.