25.3 vs 25.5 chassis in a Turbo Buick

turbobuick

Staff member
Bringing this back from the dead since I cant seem to stay away from building Buick racecars!

Dusty I see you ran a bar from #1 crossmember to the bottom of the frame x-member which looks like an aftermarket one like a Merilatt? How did you tie that bar which would be the 2B bar to the rear of the chassis and can it be interrupted by the frame crossmember?

Here is a pic of the rear inner rail the chassis inspector made us add in the 25.3 car I built then Tommy finished and raced and now sold to James. We did not need this rail for 25.5 but did for 25.3 and the SFI books say NOTHING about this bar or how it needs to be attached.

Attachments

• 20140926_141914.jpg
    20140926_141914.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 105
Dusty doesn't post here anymore. I assume he still works at PTC. Might try him there.

Thx I'll txt him and see if I can't get him to respond. I have same thread going on YB.com with little response, also called two NHRA chassis inspectors who are to busy to get back to me.

SW NHRA tech inspector and got a lot of very useful info. I posted it on YB

Any on 25.5 or 25.3 the factory rear frame rail can serve as the 2B bars as long as you dont take the frame notch to deep and leave enough frame there. If you go to deep you will need a second frame rail. If running a second frame rail he also said he would accept the 2B inner frame rail running from #1 to the bottom of the Merilllat x-member and from top of merillat back. Even though the bottom bar on Merillat x-member is 1.25 and top is 1.5