Rust Paint

SS/GN

What's a good Rust paint? Working on a friends car and want to clean and paint the floors inside before we put carpet back in. Looking for a brush on type paint.
Thanks

I've had the best luck so far with the Eastwood rust encapsulator. I always liked it because it comes in a spray can and its easy. It also comes in brush on. Their 2-k chassis paint is also uv resistant unlike the por-15, (as stated by aminga) which it is supposed to be comparable too. That is if you ever use it on the exterior, like a frame ect.

Last edited:
UV rays are reflected off of surfaces, no need for direct sunlight to have UV damage.

UV rays are reflected off of surfaces, no need for direct sunlight to have
How much sun actually hits the chassis?
Some people use these forums for
UV rays are reflected off of surfaces, no need for direct sunlight to have UV damage.
Some of us use this forum for learning purposes. He's doing floor pans now, later he may be doing a truck bed. And yes por-15 can be top coated. You can either prime it while still tacky, or scuff it up good and top coat it. I like por-15, I just like the Eastwood because it serves the same purpose and it comes in an aerosol can, it's easyer.

Last edited:
Some of us use this forum for learning purposes. He's doing floor pans now, later he may be doing a truck bed. And yes por-15 can be top coated. You can either prime it while still tacky, or scuff it up good and top coat it. I like por-15, I just like the Eastwood because it serves the same purpose and it comes in an aerosol can, it's easyer.
Sounds like that Eastwood stuff would be real easy to use on the inside of the doors since it's aerosol. I may try that

Sounds like that Eastwood stuff would be real easy to use on the inside of the doors since it's aerosol. I may try that
They make an undercoating spray encapsulator also that would work perfect on the inside of doors. I'm not an undercoating fan at all, but this is inside, and it's also going to get rid of some road noise. I sprayed this on the inside of my rear fenders inside the trunk. It's not thick like regular undercoating, it's kind of like a thick paint. Sort of like house paint.

Get some Ospho and spray it down with that. It takes about 3 days for it to dry up. Then once the rust is killed, paint with anything enamel. POR doesn't stick to smooth or sanded surfaces very well, just rust.

I used POR15 on my frame two years ago. I didn't know what to expect over time so I painted a base of one of my
old pier legs that was rusty from being underwater for years with POR15. It has been sitting outside, for two years,
on the north side of my home sitting near ground level so, getting dew at night, getting rained on, snow etc.
I think it looks pretty good.
HPIM0756.JPG
HPIM0756.JPG

He said he wants to paint the inside floors , therefore UV paint is not needed at all.....I used POR15 as per instructions, then painted my floor with Krylon semi-flat black....then laid down the new carpet........worked just great. The small holes in the floor were taken care of by POR15 Silver, which was very thick.....sealed the holes just great.

Bruce '87 Grand National