Runs like crap could somebody please help!

Sweetblack85

High Powered
Scanmaster readings
O2 878-898
Af 07
Lb 48-51
Bat 13.9
Int 128
Bl 118
Mph 00
Clt 173
Ats 71
R 775-800
Tps .44
Iac 64-66
cc 19
nal 00

4 core radiator
Dual fans
160 thermostat
Egr delete
86-87 ecu, ignition coil and maf
Denso platinum plugs msd wires
Turbo tweak chip 42# injectors tuned for hotair conversion
Ported throttle body, intake and heads 3 angle valve job k&n cone air filter upgraded 100# valve springs
Arp head bolts, cometic gaskets
Ported turbo to intake adapter
Upgraded turbo don't know the spec but was told good to 400hp
Just rebuilt engine, headers repaired had cracks, earl timing cover 25# at hot idle
255 racetronix fuel pump sender with hot wire
Caprice 2004r with shift kit billet servo till original gets rebuild
G80 rear moser axles rear disc conversion

Sounds like u and I r having about the same luck with our cars. My 85 isnt running very good either. I'll let u know if I find anything out. Do u have a ls1 or lt1 MAF with translator or stock MAF?

not an expert but looks like your running alittle rich try bring your o2s down to 750 or so dirve it and see what happens.

they go up and down but when you come back from a drive put it in park and they should go up and down still but pretty much hang at 750-770-800 how old is your sensor if its getting lazy it its time to get a new one .

Define "crap". Seriously . . What's it doing out not doing?

Slow acceleration, no power, feels like no boost but gauge says 12# when floored but idles fine

Dash guage for boost?
What scantool are you using?
The blm is low, but still in range. Which Chip/injectors?
What is the Idle FP hose on/off?
AF is a bit high. What MAF?
What plug gap?
Which ignition?
Any KR?

Dash guage for boost?
What scantool are you using?
The blm is low, but still in range. Which Chip/injectors?
What is the Idle FP hose on/off?
AF is a bit high. What MAF?
What plug gap?
Which ignition?
Any KR?
. I have a digital gauge
No scan tool only scanmaster
Turbo tweak chip and precision injectors
I don't know the fuel pressure using 233 fpr
I'm using factory 86/87 maf and ignition
Plug gap 035
No knock while driving

. I have a digital gauge
No scan tool only scanmaster
Turbo tweak chip and precision injectors
I don't know the fuel pressure using 233 fpr
I'm using factory 86/87 maf and ignition
Plug gap 035
No knock while driving
Yeah, looking back its scanmaster. I could not see it while answering. :(

A stock 233 will have to low of a FP for a TT chip. Having said that, the ecm is pulling fuel, so the O2 is off and/or injectors are off.
Return line to the tank could be pinched.

I have a adjustable fpr but haven't installed it because I don't have a fp gauge. I will check my return hose when I get off of work 2nite.

I have a adjustable fpr but haven't installed it because I don't have a fp gauge. I will check my return hose when I get off of work 2nite.

You are going to have to hook up Fuel Pressure gauge and Adjustable regulator. The TT chip require atleast 43lbs. I notice you have ported everything.. which is good... You have hot wired your FP. You need to know fuel pressure at WOT. Example, if you are running 17lbs, you will need 60lbs of fuel pressure at WOT.... If you can get a long fuel pressure line, run it under the hood, and place on wind shield and monitor...

Ok I went ahead and ordered a fp gauge where is everyone putting the sender on the fuel rail my fpr don't have a npt fitting?

Mine I had to remove the stem from the threaded fitting right on the fuel rail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
looks like someone welded the cap on I'll to get it off with some vise grips and hopefully not break it off.:nailbiting:

looks like someone welded the cap on I'll to get it off with some vise grips and hopefully not break it off.:nailbiting:
Yeah, be real careful not to crack that brazed connection or it will turn into a lot more work.

Last edited: