Running rich only when moving

Rockale

My mechanic installed a upper & lower intake plenum and a few other little things on my car. Since getting the car back from him it runs really rich only when moving. Another situation i noticed was the car will not start without giving it gas. What could be causing this?

The IAC screw should never need to be adjusted beyond the factory setting boss. If its set to high stopping the car will be a problem. Check your tps voltage on the scanmaster at idle or key on. .38 to .45 is where it needs to be. WOT needs to be between 4.2 to 4.8. Don't exceed 5 volts. IAC counts at idle 10-20. If it's not high enough it will stall. Adjust the IAC first then the TPS Voltage. I stress again to high of a IAC setting will cause the engine to not kick down and hinder slowing down not to mention it will jump forward once in gear. Post the scanmaster numbers and we will walk you through it if needed.

The IAC screw should never need to be adjusted beyond the factory setting boss. If its set to high stopping the car will be a problem. Check your tps voltage on the scanmaster at idle or key on. .38 to .45 is where it needs to be. WOT needs to be between 4.2 to 4.8. Don't exceed 5 volts. IAC counts at idle 10-20. If it's not high enough it will stall. Adjust the IAC first then the TPS Voltage. I stress again to high of a IAC setting will cause the engine to not kick down and hinder slowing down not to mention it will jump forward once in gear. Post the scanmaster numbers and we will walk you through it if needed.
I checked every hose to see if anything was unhooked but everything was connected. I tried lowering the IAC counts but it wouldn't go down.

Your turning the screw on the back of tb on the drivers side right? It has a spring under the head and sticks out like a sore thumb.

The most obvious question that is yet to be asked is.... How do you know it's "running rich when moving"? What are your indications??

The most obvious question that is yet to be asked is.... How do you know it's "running rich when moving"? What are your indications??
I have a WB and when ever id shift from park to drive it would drop from 14.7 to 10.1 and wouldn't go back up. Everything is back to how it was now. I just need to find where the map sensor vacuum hose goes, I couldn't find the spot where the hose connects for nothing.

1st vacauum port on the pass side of the block. It's a hard line to the sensor from the connection above the pass valve cover. Yours may be a different setup with alky.

1st vacauum port on the pass side of the block. It's a hard line to the sensor from the connection above the pass valve cover. Yours may be a different setup with alky.
Is that the vacuum port with the little hose connected on it?

Attachments

• GetAttachment (1).jpg
    GetAttachment (1).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 79
The pic is to small for me to see boss. If your car still has the original metal lines its the very first one on the vac block that is closest to the firewall. It changes from the metal line to a plastic hard line close to the back of the pass side head and is routed next to the main engine harness in the heater/a/c box area then connects to the map sensor on the pass fender sensor bracket. IDK where your alky ties in at. Full size pics will help. I can't take pics of mine either since mine original lines are deceased and I don't the map sensor anymore. I plugged that port off.

Correction it's the 2nd port on the block. 1st goes to pcv. Should have a metal tab held down by a nut on the ps side plenum.