Running out of ideas to lighten the car

TwoLaneBlackTop

About done
I have been trying to get my car to be as light as I can get it while not having to resort to fiberglass body parts, and retaining most of the stock interiors appearance, with the exception of the pulled passenger seat for the track only.

So far I have done the following

Pulled the soundproofing under the carpet
Pulled the sound proofing in the back seat
I will remove the passenger seat for the track,
No AC, all components removed.
No Heater box
Aluminum heads
Aluminum bumper supports
Aluminum rear drums
No spare tire or jack
No front sway bar

Car is a hardtop car with few options, but I am running out of ideas. The wheels I run for the street are about 19 lbs. each but I plan to get some drag lites or similar wheel for the strip.

So any other ideas? I was thinking maybe take out the crash beams in the doors.

go to an aluminum block and heads, and you can dump 100#

I believe Loui took the crash beams out of his doors. Think there are pics on his site. Don't have the url though, sorry.
Swap to single exhaust?

Originally posted by Boston Boy
I believe Loui took the crash beams out of his doors. Think there are pics on his site. Don't have the url though, sorry.
Swap to single exhaust?
Did not think to mention it but I did that one too.
Originally posted by MeanBuicks
Aluminum radiator support.
The aluminum radiator suport seems interesting, I am going to consider that one.

I wouldn't pull the crash bars if ti is a street car.
Lightening the car at this point is going to gain you next to nothing. Only significant weight reduction will help - you have no other significant weight left to lose.

I say - Make more power!

I just could't seem to help myself...I'll think of something more constructive next time. :D

How about an LT1 starter. Have you done that one yet? Also, I bought the UB Machine uppers and Wilwood brake kit for mine but haven't installed yet. Looks to drop about 25 lbs. per side. At only around $650.00, Its actally cheaper than doing a B-body 12" upgrade which would be heavier than stock.

howsaboot a 92 f body radiator- no motor oil cooler but has trans cooler. 10 lbs. stock=30lbs bolts right in and seems to cool my car better. $112.00 from autozone

Have you had the car weighed? Once you get down to 3200 or so it's gonna be hard to lose weight without gutting the car.

?????????

If you are going to take allot of wt out, I have to assume you will be adding a rollbar??
If so, the door guard beams will be replaced w/ the diagonals on the bar.
The beams, and the power door locks removed 39# off my "Yaller car"...a significant amt, IMO.
You can also use the 82/83 type ft bumper inserts. They are only 6#, and are actually lighter than the alum insert.
My car was built w/ a full moly 12 pt, 9" Fird rear, 4 link, T-400, stock block, complete interior, steel core support, no heat/air.
The only glas parts used were the bumpers, hood. All the rest of the car was steel. Wt was 2980#.. no driver.

UB machine are the Upper A-arms that only weigh 4.5 lbs each.

Stock is 9.5 lbs.