Running 28" Slick

B

Black_GN

I want to run the 28 x 10.5 slicks on my car. What size rim and back spacing do I need. I want to try and stay away from doing any cutting or modifications to frame and fenderwell or do I not have any choice. THanks Carlos:)

28" tire

Carlos, I run the 28x10.5 MT's and use an 8" Centerline wheel w/4" BS. I also use a 3/16" spacer. It's a tite fit on the inside and see some scuff marks on the inner well. I think if I had it to do over, I'd use the 3.75" BS and be a bit better off.
There are no mods done to the frame or body.
This combo will not work if the car has been lowered more than about 1.5". [Mine is lowered on all 4 corners by 1.5", using EDELBROCK Sport springs.]
Also: It's important to be sure the body is straight on the frame and that's best done by replacing the body mounts and doing some measuring before you bolt it back down. I use the PST kit that includes the GNX bushings. Best $150 I've spent on a restoration to original specs.;)
I also use the lower ft end braces off of a 442 and a homemade trunk brace, HAL Stocker Stars shocks and my CODY suspension pieces. Car 60's in the mid to low 1.40's w/ the slicks at 12 psi.

HTH,:cool: