Rpo stickers

I've been working on the trunk sticker, having h$ll getting it drawn in vector format... time will tell!

-> I still need someone to measure the EXACT height x width!

Russ I had already sent those measurements to you, I will send them again..........Ed

DOH! I found it Ed - must have filed it without looking. Been getting totally INUNDATED with so-called "MS Patch" updates, about 20 a day!

Hi All,

Finally got time to start on the RPO sticker, and need a little more info:

The sticker scan I'm working from has 78 option codes arranged in 13 columns x 6 rows. I need to know if higher (and lower) optioned cars still maintain that 13 columns by adjusting the rows.

The first line has the VIN followed by some "white space", followed by "105552", followed by more space and finally "J47". Are those last 2 sets of numbers the same on all your stickers?

Lastly, there's a "U.WA848" floating towards the bottom, is that there on all stickers?

TIA!

OK Russ,

I just ran downstairs at work to look at the sticker on my GN it does have 13 colums & 6 rows of numbers. It is a well optioned car, to a point. The factory stripers, no option cars only had like 48 RPO codes on the stickers.

The vin followed by the white space, followed by 082254 on my car not the same as 105552 on the RPO sticker I scanned for you.
J47 is on this sticker as I believe its on all 87's in 86 for my t-type am almost postiive its W11 I will check that to be sure when I go to my shop tommorow afternoon.

Yes there is a U.WA848 on the sticker on my car same as on
yours.

I will look at some of the GN's & Turboregals that will be at a local car show tommorow night there is usually like 15 to 20 of them there that will give us a good idea what the overall sticker looks like..................Ed

Russ, Thats a noble effort you are putting into this project. I wish I had the time to send you some more information to make it worth the time. First are you aware that there is a different label for each year. I believe you are trying to do the one for 1987. The 87's was just a plain white label and the 84-86 were simular with a clear plastic protector over it, kind of like clear package tape. You are correct there are 13 rows but depending on how many codes the car has determines how many lines there will be. The 105552 will be different for every car as this should be the body or assembly line number which is different than the VIN but not in any sequence. The J47 is the model number and all GN's should be J47 and Limiteds should be M47 and Turbo T's K47. The U.WA848 is the paint code for black. I've been looking at TR's and other G-bodies since they came out in 78 and since I work at a GM dealer(25 years experience) I'd like to think I'm kind of an expert when it comes to decyphering RPO labels. Keep on doing on what you've done already as the other years will be the same more or less and if I can manage to find the time I'll give you some input on what is right and what is wrong. Have you checked with Jim Osborn Reproductions on maybe just producing blank labels that some one might be able to use your program to create their own? Kind of like all you would have to do is enter your VIN and what options/equipment you would like and you would be able to print the label in the correct format. Keep up the good work. Eric Fisher

Hey Eric,

That's some good info! I'll take anything I can get as I dont even have a GN any more (just the powertrain)! The "previous owner" of the GN I used to have removed the RPO sticker for "painting" and it made me want to repo the darn things. The only scan I have is from an '87. Are you sure it's a white label? The scan looks like pale gray with dark gray top and bottom borders and text. I'd be afraid black and white would never match. I'm grateful for any info regarding the RPO sticker.

By the way, I've finished the A/C box stickers (the emission routing and "Harrison Turbo 60" decals, and will get a test print done soon.