Routing wideband o2 wire

3.8vsix

Just wandering the best way to route the wideband 02 (for xfi) to the ecm. It has the to big plugs on both ends also.I am wanting to go though the pass side if at all possible. I still have the ac/heater in place. Any tips would be greatly appricatied!!:cool:

Use a piece of mechanics wire to route it down between the fender and heater box. There is a grommet there that you can pass through the firewall.

K.

I removed the center console and cut a 1" hole next to the shifter. This is just big enough for the sensor to pass through, and routed down along the side of the tranny to the bung in the downpipe. I sealed the 1" hole with a 1" rubber plug. Inside, the wiring is routed from the shifter, under the console to the passenger seat, where the LC-1 controller is located. Everything is out of sight, yet easy to get to when calibrating the WB.

Here is a special kit made specifically for what you need to do:
Casper's Electronics, Inc.: WB02 EXT. 6 FT

It comes with the connector not installed on one end, so all you need to do is route the wiring thru the firewall...or thru the door jamb and around the hood hinge.
Then you use the instructions to place the terminals into the connector. Check out the installation link.

First, buy the little tool to remove the pins from the connector. Well, maybe first is to make a written diagram on the pin locations on the plug.:) This tool is not expensive and any real auto parts store should have one.

You can then route the wire like was said between the air box and fender even if you need to drill a small hole.

Actually a simple and easy procedure, we just did all this yesterday for a local GN including buying the $5 tool.:biggrin:

THe way I did it was the route the wires from the o2 sensor through the hole foe the trans shifter cable undet the center consul. Then to the powerlogger. Good luck- Brad

First, buy the little tool to remove the pins from the connector. Well, maybe first is to make a written diagram on the pin locations on the plug.:) This tool is not expensive and any real auto parts store should have one.

You can then route the wire like was said between the air box and fender even if you need to drill a small hole.

Actually a simple and easy procedure, we just did all this yesterday for a local GN including buying the $5 tool.:biggrin:

Or you could be a cheap ass like me and use a paper clip. I routed mine threw the antenna hole area. Then threw the fender to the door area

Here is a special kit made specifically for what you need to do:
Casper's Electronics, Inc.: WB02 EXT. 6 FT

It comes with the connector not installed on one end, so all you need to do is route the wiring thru the firewall...or thru the door jamb and around the hood hinge.
Then you use the instructions to place the terminals into the connector. Check out the installation link.

Another great product John. Will it fit on a Bosch wideband sensor? Just curious as mine is wired but its good to know for someone else.

What's this tool look like or called? Gotta run through this process soon help us appreciated

Well can not rennet what the proper name of the tool is , it has been so long ago. I could not find the tool at any auto parts store so I ended up calling a snap on dealer they had one but it was pretty expensive. I told him what I was doing and he said to me just bring it to the truck and he would take it apart for me, so it didn't cost me a dime. after watching him I seen how a paperclip would work just as well.

Where did you end up routing it?

If you have the Pin removal tool then your choices are endless & if not I would order one from Caspers. If you do a lot of wiring work (to clean stuff up for added guages etc.) then the full kit with connectors for every pin size & both Pin tools is a deal at about $100.

I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping someone could post pictures of how they ran the wires through the firewall/fender area using a pin remover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to remove the connector of the O2 sensor use a fishing tool or wire. Fish the wiring thru the firewall by the lower kick panel with the vacuum lines coming out of it. Slowly and Carefully pull the plug out and not too far otherwise you will lose your heater control. Once fished thru connect the connector again and plug in the sensor. Just a note. Do not cut the wires and solder them. That will mess with the sensitivity and will increase the resistance of the circuit.

You need to remove the connector of the O2 sensor use a fishing tool or wire. Fish the wiring thru the firewall by the lower kick panel with the vacuum lines coming out of it. Slowly and Carefully pull the plug out and not too far otherwise you will lose your heater control. Once fished thru connect the connector again and plug in the sensor. Just a note. Do not cut the wires and solder them. That will mess with the sensitivity and will increase the resistance of the circuit.

Thank you, this'll help a lot once I get to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down below the master cyl, there is an unused knockout on the firewall. I just pulled that out, stuck a grommet around it, and the big wideband adapter fit right through.