Rottweiler dogs???

I love Rotts. Plan on getting one in the near future as well. Let's see some pics guys.

Peter

I thought about getting one and naming it Kenny, but that is just me.

I Miss my Rottie's!:frown:
Been thinkin to add another family member for a while now. Sure wish I knew where the bloodline was these days. Got both of mine from people who couldn't keep em anymore and I honestly don't remember where the pups ever went.

Asia was the biggest female anybody around here had ever seen. She still went 142 @ the vet's when she was 7! Sadly, I lost her to the cancer like so many others have. I could pet her and her companion, my big dumb buddy Max on the shoulders without bending. He was usually about 50lbs more than her, but they were about the same size overall. Lost him in a blinding snowstorm. He went out to do his thing and just kept walking away that morning. By the time I went back for the leash and a proper hat, the tracks were blown over. With such limited visibility and the wind howling against me in the subzero's, I didn't last long and headed back after a half hour or so. I truly doubt the storm got his big ole butt. But then, nobody ever reports finding a dog like That around here either. I just hope wherever he ended up, he had a good rest of his life. I don't think he felt cut out for my growing family. My daughter, the second child, was 2, and he'd bared his teeth at her once that fall. It was funny. She punched him right in the nose and scolded him, "Bad Dog!" He gave me one sheepish look and laid at her feet. Of course with Asia around, you watched how you'd scold the kids and never raised a voice in the house, or you'd have her to deal with. Asia didn't much care for any men and sure wasn't letting anybody have cross words with 'her' kids! She was a great trainer for people coming together and starting a family. We never raised our voices even to each other, and always assert our parenting in an unusual (to my experience) respectful way. It's worked well, all thanks to a great dog who probalby did more for us than we ever did for her.

Man, now I'm really missing my Rottie's!

060823150201.jpghere's a few more Turbo picsscan0002.jpg060823144859.jpg

good to see dogs having a good life :biggrin: Here is Hunter in his ready to kill look..

Attachments

• IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 240
Pointing LOL this always cracks me up, she just does it instinctive. Squirrels, rabbits and hidden cats in the bushes. She was pretty plump in the point pic.

And she likes to play and root in the snow.

Attachments

• E point.jpg
    E point.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 243
  • E snow.jpg
    E snow.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 233
Couple of cool traits that Rotts do is lay their weight against you/lean when being petted also roots their head in your leg, arm, lap, etc when saying hello.

They tend to lift both front feet off the ground as they are barking/protecting.

And like to growl when playing, mine is real vocal and she will growl on command. All I have to say is "Growl" and she will.

It hilarious..they are so smart its crazy!

Couple of cool traits that Rotts do is lay their weight against you/lean when being petted also roots their head in your leg, arm, lap, etc when saying hello.

hahaha.. thats exactly what Cujo would do .. Pin ya so you had to stay and play with him !!:cool:

Yea, Turbo was a leaner too. Loved to rub his face on me when he would say good morning. Turbo loved to rub his face and grunt along the edge of the couch after he ate something tasty. If Dawn sat down ,he would always sit in front of her or try to be a 110lb lap dog. They have great personalities, sometimes a tad quirky. Sure knew how to hustle us and get what ever his little heart desired. I cant remember a meal I didnt share because he was such an expert much. Killer sad eyes!! got me every time!!IM000307.jpg

My Rott, Rocsan would throw her nose under my hand and flip her head back as to say, rub my head...She died several years ago and I wouldnt get another Rott because I know there wouldnt be another like her. She would be as for as a 1/4 mile away from my truck and when we were leaving from my Dads place all I had to do was drop the tail gate and crank the truck and start up the road. Several seconds would pass and all of a sudden the truck bed would rock...She would hear the truck and catch up and fly into the back. It was so neat to have such a smart and athletic dog.

LMBO......My wife calls it "Begger Mode" they are good at getting some of what you are eating. And how about the "Wondering eyeball"...they are laying down and you call them and they just move their eye over and look instead of getting up or raising their head.

Elsa had a litter of 10 and everyone of them would do the wondering eye thing...that was hilarious. Dang it!!! I should have kept the big male!!! Still kickin myself on that one.

LMBO......My wife calls it "Begger Mode" they are good at getting some of what you are eating. And how about the "Wondering eyeball"...they are laying down and you call them and they just move their eye over and look instead of getting up or raising their head.

Come on all Dogs know how to play us :p

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 221

Elsa had a litter of 10 and everyone of them would do the wondering eye thing...that was hilarious. Dang it!!! I should have kept the big male!!! Still kickin myself on that one.

You too?! Wouldn't even lift his head or even think about getting up unless it was worth his while.

Been looking for my false teeth for awhile and I think Grumpy"s dog has them.Ive had 3 Rotties.Cancer in 2 of them and so far Diesel is 8 and doing good with his health.Keep their weight around 80 lbs.Easier on their knees.Also don"t tell your Insurance Co. that you own a dog that might be on their list.

Thanks for the support,if my girls are not prepared to look after it to my standards we are not getting one.:pThe wife has a list of demands too:eek:I am working on that too:pHere is a pic of one of the pups I found.I think I am going to spend the extra and get apup from a CKC breeder and take it to puppy and obediant school.

Kevin

Attachments

• HPIM1210.jpg
    HPIM1210.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 163
The Rotty is the most powerful dog out there! Everyone thinks the pits are but it is the Rotty! They make great pets if they are trained properly! When the wrong people get their hands on them they are a danger to the owner as well as the people around them. When a Rotty is a rescue dog he is there for a reason!! Be careful! Go to a breeder if it is your first dog and check out the behavior of the parents. It either a the slightest bit agressive, walk away!

I have an English Bull Terrier and they can also be aggresive if mishandled or misbreed! He went to 2 sets of training classes and he is now a great dog!

Finally, make sure your home owners insurance covers Rottys!! Many insurance companies wont cover them!