rotating assembly balance

turbobuick87gn

still learning
so i decided not to go stroker yet so i'm going to use the stock crank and rods and get diamond pistons.. is it worth balancing this assembly. also can i use the stock balancer and flexplate.

also what cam should i use. i am going to go roller. i have a pt54 turbo. i have a 3000-3200 ptc convertor if its not messed up. and i'm going to port the stock heads and intake.

if need any more info let me know...also how fast do you think i can go with stock crank and rods and this turbo..:confused:

Yes, balance it. Cam...206/206 works nice, but use the search function because its been debated numerous times.
I think Bison ran a combo with that turbo that ran well.

so i decided not to go stroker yet so i'm going to use the stock crank and rods and get diamond pistons.. is it worth balancing this assembly. also can i use the stock balancer and flexplate.

also what cam should i use. i am going to go roller. i have a pt54 turbo. i have a 3000-3200 ptc convertor if its not messed up. and i'm going to port the stock heads and intake.

if need any more info let me know...also how fast do you think i can go with stock crank and rods and this turbo..:confused:
Id paln on an 11.0 build to be safe. Id balance it. You can use the stock balancer and flexplate but they arent SFI approved. Use a 206 cam with 112
lobe seperaiton. You can turn it up and get more out of it if you have some good tuning tools and c16. 11.0 on 110 octane no problem

well my goal is 10.70, what else will i need to do to get that...

Trans work will be needed. More fuel pump. Suspension work. An intercooler would help a lot. Tall slicks with a good 60'. A good tuning device that is wideband capable. You may need a tighter converter when running below 11.0. Lots of track time to work on launching.