Rolling Power Windows Up With Motor Out

87gnguy

I'm sure there's a way to do it but when I pulled my motor I forgot to roll up the driver's window. Since everything is disconnected, how do you roll up the window? I have tried grounding everything and connecting power and I get power inside the car but I guess not enough to roll up the window. Is there another way?
Thanks,
Casey

Do you have a good jump box or spare battery ? Hook up to the fuseable links that go on the big lug on the starter motor and a good ground. When i tried to use a battery charger to do this it would not do it. Had to have a battery. What were you trying to use as a power source?

I grounded the grounds behind the head and put power to the starter wires using the cars battery... I have a jump box so I will try putting power to those. Do I have to ground those wires too or ground the jump box and put power to the starter wires?

I thought I read somewhere on here that I can use a jump box and a test light and insert the test light into one of the holes in the power window switch and it roll up that way... :-/

I grounded the grounds behind the head and put power to the starter wires using the cars battery... I have a jump box so I will try putting power to those. Do I have to ground those wires too or ground the jump box and put power to the starter wires?
Ground the jump box and put power to the starter wires, only the ones with the bigger hole the little guy can be left off and do not ground the wires that go to the head. This will get you what your looking for.