Roller Rockers

BLACKMAGIC II

I'm running a custom roller cam setup.....Crane 212/212 I think, it's been in there awhile :D Anyway, I've bent a couple pushrods this summer & want to try some roller rockers hoping to eliminate this problem. Which brand & who to buy from is my question. I've been away for awhile so please excuse my rusty brain while I re-acquaint myself with the board.

Thanks,
Lee Kline

Yea, what Russ said. Pushrods dont just bend. I'd check for something binding. I have seen pushrods bend do to deflection from bad valve train geometry and high rpms. But, unless your shifting at 9000 rpms this is unlikely. I'd start with the rocker arms. Make sure there not binding on the shaft, or hitting the valve covers.

I've got a worn rocker shaft/sloppy rocker.It's the same pushrod that's bent twice.My engine builder said to replace the rocker shaft assembly & I don't want to spend the money on stock stuff. Thanks for the input guys!

Lee

BLACKMAGIC II said:
I've got a worn rocker shaft/sloppy rocker.It's the same pushrod that's bent twice.My engine builder said to replace the rocker shaft assembly & I don't want to spend the money on stock stuff. Thanks for the input guys!

Lee
had a simular problem it was a lifter , a small block chevy lifter was mixed in with the set of v6 lifters.