roller cam with champion heads

ramon6795

I have champion ported iron heads, im going to be installing 210 215 roller cam kit from full throttle.my question is do i need to replace my valve springs ,i got like 600 miles on the heads with 100# springs.im also thinking of running stock rockers.My car is going to be like 95% street driven.

Thanks in advance
Ramon

Personally, I say if they are in your budget then yes...They make buying pushrods that fit a bit easier and you don't have to worry about breaking rocker shafts like so many have done over the years.

ramon6795.
Yes you'll absolutely have to install stronger springs and I would also go with roller rockers so you can get the right push rods and set the pre load correctly.

I have Harland Sharps and have had no issues.

I have 1.65 rockers with a 218 218 cam...I have not seen any downsides to the 1.65 rockers, BUT if you decide to get a rocker with more ratio than stock you have to make sure to calculate the extra lift when picking out your new springs.

Harland & Sharp or T&D are good. Ratio is kind of up to you as to how much you want to bump the lift up.? I built an engine for a freind here with that cam and 1;60 Harland & Sharp rockers and this thing idles nice and pulls like HELL at any speed.

Champion iron heads, T&D 1:65 roller rockers, full throttle 210/215 roller kit here.

Chuck

besure the guides have been cut for that .517 lift if IRRC stock guides good to about .500.

If you order the "KIT" it comes with cam, lifters, pushrods, springs, locks and retainers. I also installed a thrust button with mine, I can't rember if the button came with the kit or was extra. I love my setup and have almost gotten into the 10's with it. Good luck, Jon Hanson