Roll Call !!!! What's going on with your Hot Air?

Nice dream, that's a lot of hotair ;)

I would think with some NA headers facing up, weld on a 4 bolt turbo adaptors to each header outlet, use some 4 bolt turbos, run the cold side into relocated TB(it would look like IC cars kinda) the TB location I mean. Only thing would hood clearance and other little things.

No way! My plan was to make a Y turbo to intake adapter and throw two hot-air turbos side by side. Fab up some new headers, DPs, UPs, and brackets. I think it would be pretty insane :D.

Post pics $dog!

No way! My plan was to make a Y turbo to intake adapter and throw two hot-air turbos side by side. Fab up some new headers, DPs, UPs, and brackets. I think it would be pretty insane :D.

Post pics $dog!

You mean like this.:eek::biggrin:

Attachments

• bv6 turbo.jpg
    bv6 turbo.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 165
Hey Charlie email me that pic.

Copied it but it comes out in crappy resolution.

That's friggin awesome. How many of those did they make?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if I remember right 3 were made to use as the pace car for Indy in 85. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

does that say 410hp on that pic of motor?:eek: ghez that's one spicy hotair meatball. Only 3 made wow talk about rare. That's pretty much what i was talking about in my other post, twin setup, tho the two TB makes it more idea, nice motor.

Post pics $dog!

Mine is a work in progress. No pics yet but I'm close. I need a little more pipe work and I'm there. It is nothing like the Riv. TT pic. I'll post more details soon.

Well I think Im going to try and build that motor lol. Its going to be my project.

That motor is awesome. 410hp how much torque? Could you imagine Couple of 3 inch dp's couple of ta49's or bigger, 50lbers, dual walbro pumps, some good headwork, WOW! Prob at least 650hp.

Did a quick search:

New Page 1

It's a forged 4 bolt stage II with stage II heads,3" down pipes 15# on methanol made 450hp.

All the spec sheets are at the bottom of the page.

I kinda don't like the looks of the car but damn I would drive it haha....then put that motor in my TR! haha jk.

I hate to take the Hotair out of the mix but I would love to see the power gains when FMIC add(reroute the pipes) then in the intake but 410HP hotair is good and plenty.

I wish somebody who own this car was a member, I wish the old lady that lives down the street had one...so I can buy! !

It's like that part in the movie BEERFEST, when they talk about how good the beer taste.

What mods have you done to your car? "Best of 114 mph in hot air trim" is fantastic. I am impressed. I recently purchased a 84 GN with 125,000 miles, stock, clean, but not fast. I was really expecting it to be faster. Mine would be doing good to run 90 mph in the 1/4. I expect that there is some tunning that could be done to improve it. I am learning that these cars are to quote "a 1000 piece puzzel". Mine only pulls about 8lbs of boost. Any ideas? The receipe you used on your car would be appreciated.

You talking about my car? My best isn't 114. I have run faster. That's what it ran when I was having a spark issue and not being able to make a full pass.

I think I can make that setup. It looks relatively simple..

You could build the intake easily enough using an 87 lower and a custom upper.

Hafta make custom headers and downpipes which isn't that big of a deal if you're a fabricator.

Notice the pressure equalization tube between the two charge pipes? That tells me that the intake manifold is two pieces internally,not just both pipes blowing into an open plenum.

Check out the custom fuel rail with two regulators...:cool:Musta used two high volume pumps on all the time so they overpowered a single regulator at idle.

You have the better image. I can't see that on my screen lol. That was my plan, use the lower intake from 87 and the rest is custom.. Doesn't seem TOO hard lol. Can you send me the higher res image?

Some pics from the above link

Attachments

• Pace%20car%20engine%20full.jpg
    Pace%20car%20engine%20full.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Pace%20car%20engine.jpg
    Pace%20car%20engine.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 226
  • BuickV6-Indy_Pace.jpg
    BuickV6-Indy_Pace.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 226
  • bv6%20turbo.jpg
    bv6%20turbo.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 215
Factory build sheets.

Check out the PWM methanol injection.:eek::eek::cool: That's some way before it's time sh!ts right there!

Attachments

• news_1.jpg
    news_1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 212
  • news_2.jpg
    news_2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 210
  • news_3.jpg
    news_3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 224
  • news_4.jpg
    news_4.jpg