RockStar: SuperNova

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
Did anybody watch this show???

I had it down to Toby and Lukas. I'd buy the cd with either one leading the band. I don't care for Tommy Lee or Dave Navarro. Jason seemed ok, and Gilby seemed like a down to earth nice guy. I checked the RockStar websites messageboard and they are just tearing SuperNova and Lukas a new one. These people are just down right ignorant. Calling Lukas monkey boy and skunk. Saying SuperNova is SuperNothing with him. Man give it a freaking chance. Some other things they are saying on the messageboard, I don't know if any of this is true or not. They are saying Tommy Lee and the Producer for SuperNova made the decision to go with Lukas and had him winning from week 6. Gilby wanted Toby and Jason wanted Dilana. They are saying that Supernova has asked Magni to join as a guitarist and back up singer. SuperNova can't use the name SuperNova, they were sued by a band who already had the name from the 80's, and the band won the lawsuit. I know that is true. And that's a pretty big blow right out of the gate. They are saying that Toby and Dilana should stay as far away from SuperNova as they possibly can and produce their albums with someone else. Because SuperNova won't let them become bigger than them. Just a whole bunch of crap.

I personally enjoyed the show. I'm not a huge fan of the whole reality show thing and I initially wasn't going to watch this one because I thought they were going to show us all the house crap and follow the performers all over the place but they didn't. I did start to watch the webisodes on the site and actually enjoyed them, they were short and to the point and just filled in the week leading up to the next show. I enjoyed getting to know each rocker and was pulling for each of them towards the end and was actually proud of how they evolved through out the show. I think this show had the best format out of all the reality music shows that have popped up. Less talk and more music. And not a whole hour show just to announce who was eliminated, they actually packed it with more performances which was really cool. An overall very good show in my opinion.

Some more info on some of the rockers for those of you who enjoyed the show as much as I did.

Ryan Stars album is out and is called DarkHorse. I also found an album by him on Amazon called, Songs from the Eye of an Elephant. You can also find the band he was in called, Stage. Amazon has Dilana's album called Wonderfool. You can found some of Storm's music when she was in a band called, Storm Large and the balls. I haven't found much of anything on Toby. And Lukas Rossi was in band called Electric Rise which I found some of their songs on my file sharing program, some cool songs from this band. Jill and Patrice also have albums out on Amazon.

Been watching since it started (and by the way, for the record I am 50) and think that Dilana would have been the natural choice for their singer. She is a great performer and has the voice to match. Think the boys might have been threatened by having a chick as their front man/woman?

That being said, I think in the long run she will be better off WITHOUT Supernova. If someone doesn't sign her right away it would be a shame.

We have watched both of the seasons of this and find it real entertaining. My wife and i both hate Lukas, cant stand anything about him. My wife like Dilana and i like Magni. We thought any of those 3 besides Lukas would have worked great. As soon as they announced he was he winner we changed the channel. I dont agree with them calling him names, but he sucked nonetheless.

During the last season of Rock Star, my wife did laser eye surgery on billy morrison, who is a radio DJ in LA, and also a guitar player for Camp Freddy. He's a guitar player for hire in alot of big bands. His main gig is bass player for The Cult. Camp Freddy is a band that rotates different full blown rock stars throughout a show. Billy hooked me and my wife up at the house of blues to see Camp Freddy, VIP tickets. We were able to go upstairs to the fountain room, where I met Slash (Dick), Dave Navarro, (really cool) Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains), and several others I cant think of. During the show, different people were rotating positions in the band...the guitar player for the sex pistols was playing some songs, Scott Weiland sang about 5 songs, Slash played guitar for a few, Jerry Cantrell for a few, Mark McGrath sang some (who cares), and several others performed. We were right in front. Scott Weiland was right in my face at one point (he looked really trashed)..it was the best concert Ive ever been to. There were seriously at least 25 A list rock celebrities there upstairs where we were. The entire group of singers from the first season of Rock Star were there. We met some of them. What was funny was at the end when we were about to go, we were talking to Ty, and this dude introduced himself. He was talking and talking away, and he looked familiar, but couldnt nail it. We kept trying to leave, but this guy seemed really lonely like he wanted to talk to someone. He was talking our ears off and stopping us every time we tried to leave. (our parking garage was about to close) We eventually had to get out of there. About halfway home, I realized it was JD Fortune. I kinda felt like a dick for brushing him off. He was an EXTREMELY nice guy. Nothing like he was portrayed on TV. I knew since that night that JD was a ringer for the show. The winner is not chosen by votes. They're decided before the show aires, but the "contest" can generate mad dollars, so why not do it. Of course this statement isnt real and I just saw it all in a dream. :rolleyes: It was a great night, until my throttle body coolant bypass line cap blew off of the heater tube and caused me to overheat 30 miles from home.

I was rooting for Dilana for awhile, there arent enough powerful female singers out now. I wasnt impressed with Lukas at all until the end. Sure he was ok by the end, but it took him awhile to get there. Dilana was great during the whole show. Plus she has a huge range of styles she can pull off. What Lukas does is good, but I think hearing him scream and go nuts is gonna get old after awhile.

If someone doesnt sign Dilana, it would be a shame. When it came down to Lukas and Dilana, I kinda knew they would pick him. I think they are probably intimidated by having a stong female lead singer. Its just the feeling I got through the show, that they were gonna end up with a guy singing, and the females didnt stand a chance.