RJC Rocker Shaft Braces

Nasty

empty wallet
I am installing the RJC braces, any recommendations to install longer bolts with the braces, or is everyone doing ok with the stock length bolts?

Thanks

To me it doesn't make sense to give up thread engagement and increase the risk of a parts failure in your valvetrain just to save less than $10 which is what it would take to buy grade 8 never worry about it bolts. I mean, you've already spent money on the braces. I could be wrong though. I guess I'm running a roller cam with stock bars.:eek:

Grumpy, out of curiosity, how much thread engagement do you have if you use stock bolts? I've never installed these so I don't know.

the supports are designed to use the stock bolts. there is no need to get longer bolts or maybe loosing 1-2 threads. i have run these braces since they first came out and have never had a problem.

the supports are designed to use the stock bolts. there is no need to get longer bolts or maybe loosing 1-2 threads. i have run these braces since they first came out and have never had a problem.

So these braces are only about 1/16th of an inch thick?

no but they are recessed for the bolts. the bolts go into the braces.

here.

Attachments

• rockershaft.jpg
    rockershaft.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 197
  • a_RSBside.jpg
    a_RSBside.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 170
I got the same flange head grade 8 bolts, in the same finish, just a 1/4" longer because of the supports that come with the Harland Sharp rockers - have some extras.