RJC PP + Modified doghouse issues... ***PICS***

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
Just going over a few things on this car I bought a few weeks ago...

I pulled off the TB and doghouse last night for other reasons... and noticed the DH had been modified. If I remember correctly, these things originally were pretty flat/squared-off at the back end ? It looks like this one has been welded and blended.
My question is... will this disrupt the airflow across the RJC power plate ?

Should I get another doghouse or another Power Plate ?

I pulled them off because the TB opening was noticably smaller than the TB. I originally intended to open up the TB bore in the doghouse... but stopped when I noticed what I thought was a mismatched RJC/PP combination.

DSC067332.jpg

DSC067342.jpg

Yeah Russ, that's the plan at the moment...

I was hoping RJC would see the thread and tell me if this plenum is compatible with any of his other plates he makes...

Even with a stock replacement plenum, I still gotta knaw on it with a grinder for an hour. :D

Yea, don't waste too much time. Just get a stocker, make sure the inlet matches the t-body and call it a day..... Use the plate as it was designed, They work great.

Yea, don't waste too much time. Just get a stocker, make sure the inlet matches the t-body and call it a day..... Use the plate as it was designed, They work great.

Yep, already got one coming... Was 'gonna grab one from Grump, but already committed to another.

That's a pretty common mod, as is removing the EGR part on the doghouse. I highly doubt you will have any problems with the RJC power plate. Your doghouse probably outflows a stocker, if you're that worried about it call RJC.

That's a pretty common mod, as is removing the EGR part on the doghouse. I highly doubt you will have any problems with the RJC power plate. Your doghouse probably outflows a stocker, if you're that worried about it call RJC.

I think I read somewhere on the RJC site... "The RJC Power Plate works with all stock plenums, provided the rear of the plenum has not been modified."

Mine has obviously been extensively modified... so that throws my hopes of using it... out the window. :D

So you already answered your own question and there was no need for the thread. :p

So you already answered your own question and there was no need for the thread. :p

The purpose of the thread was... hoping RJC or someone "in the know" could tell me if there was a special plate designed to work with my current plenum... which obviously looks nicer than a stock unit. :D