RJC New engine grace

SS/GN

Well it looks like race Jace the mad scientest is up to some new tricks:eek:
"RMB"

This is a brand new idea from RJC Racing. This will keep the motor in place on those hard launches. Everyone knows how much these motors move around with the stock motormounts. The old remedy was to put a tyedown strap on the alternator bracket to try and tame the engine rotation a little. This is totally inaduquate and a very poor way of controlling the motor. This new bracket controls the motor from the rear of the engine. Therefore elimination harmfull rotational stress on the motor and transfering that energy where it is supposed to go. We have two versions of this one for the street pictured on the left and one for more race oriented cars on the right. They simply work great. Below shows a picture of how they are mounted. 100% bolt on. no drilling required.

#RJC-RMB-S and RJC-RMB-R $99

Wow Amazing Grace...

The brace is not bad either, here is the link!

RMB

Haha

Woops I guess I should proof read,I give the kids sh1t all the time for not checking their work.:eek:

nice piece. good option for those who cant afford nice HR motor mounts

very nice product you guys are simply amazing, please get it patented before it makes its way to the chines :mad:

Copy not

Ya anyone wishing to copy this and have made in China please move somewhere else:mad:That is as nice as I can be on this subject.Great new product and continues to supply us with new technology.Thanks to RJC:biggrin:

Those videos are scary! I went out to the garage last night and tried it for myself, and it looked just like in the videos. :eek: I thought since I'm not making that much power it wouldn't be so bad.

Let me play devil's advocate.

I see two possible issues not addressed. With the picture of the brace mounted, I don't see any tranny linkage going up to the column. I can see where this brace may be smack in the way of such a link.

What happens to the knock sensor when the bottom of the brace bangs up against the frame. There's movement in the video which indicates that it's not tight against the frame. Noise issues??

Let me play devil's advocate.

I see two possible issues not addressed. With the picture of the brace mounted, I don't see any tranny linkage going up to the column. I can see where this brace may be smack in the way of such a link.

What happens to the knock sensor when the bottom of the brace bangs up against the frame. There's movement in the video which indicates that it's not tight against the frame. Noise issues??

noise issues, vibration issues, and I can only imagine how annoying it would be on a car with a cage. Cool product, but if it the mounts are that bad, you should probably pony up for some new motor mounts or an HR set(new stock mounts seem to work fine for a lot of people). I don't really believe in any twist stress placed on the motor due to a regular ratchet strap either.... there is enough play in the engine and tranny mounts to alleviate any stresses that could occur... that or the eye bolt will break... Nice to see a new product out there though that can be had for a decent price.

Don't have any pics but

noise issues, vibration issues, and I can only imagine how annoying it would be on a car with a cage. Cool product, but if it the mounts are that bad, you should probably pony up for some new motor mounts or an HR set(new stock mounts seem to work fine for a lot of people). I don't really believe in any twist stress placed on the motor due to a regular ratchet strap either.... there is enough play in the engine and tranny mounts to alleviate any stresses that could occur... that or the eye bolt will break... Nice to see a new product out there though that can be had for a decent price.

I have been using something very simular for years. I use 1/4 in. X 1 in. flat steel---make a T shaped piece that bolts to the back of drivers side head. Bolt it @ the 3 holes in head (very important to use BLUE Loctite and lock washers) Heat and bend so the end points straight down beside block. Make another piece with the correct size hole to bolt to A-arm bolt--heat and bend to point up and overlap the first piece--drill 2 holes and bolt the 2 pieces together. Having said this I only use 1 on drivers side head. I thought about making some up for sale but these are VERY hard to install with eng. in car. Works great.

It looks like the "street" version has a rubber snubber on it. I don't know about the shift linkage. I love that RJC is putting time and money into R&D for our cars and they are to be commended for it but I don't thing there's any really good solution to the torquing of the engine except good engine/tranny mounts. And by good I mean poly or solid, not new rubber ones. That said if the shift linkage clears and there's a snubber I'd pick this over a "torque strap".

Suggestion

Personaly I believe this is a go between as some people do not like the mounts as they say the vibrations are noticeable.:rolleyes:That being said I cannot stand the strap,I just don;t like the look of it.I think this brace can be adj for the track and left loose on the street for a more stock feel for the car.Just another option we have no right or wrong.I like that new ideas or comeing to the market 23 years after the cars were produced.:biggrin:

It kinda reminds me of mid mounts. Not a bad idea and very simple. Since it's located at the middle of the drive train it would also relieve some of the stress placed on the tranny mount. Nice to see someone thinking a little differently.

good posts here with some good questions. here are some answers.

#1 these do not interfere with the linkage for guys that have console shifters. (good question)

#2 these are not made to replace the HR motor mounts.

If you look at how the whole motor is held in the car, the placement of the motormounts is fine for stock power levels. When you double the HP of the motor, which is an easy thing to do without even taking a valve cover off the stock mounts are a little to weak. Paul at HR parts addressed this problem and they are awesome mounts. However there is another problem. the location of the stock motor mounts and the design of the engine requires you to try and harness all this power at one of the weakest points on the block. Also there is not much leverage on the block to hang on to. you are hanging on to the block at almost the most narrow spot. This geometry is not that great for trying to "hang on" to the motor. Placing the twisting force at a the widest point on the block and having it toward the rear of the motor is the most ideal situation. not only is does your geometry have the most leverage, it is also at the back of the engine so the twisting force of the engine has no effect on the block itself.

We have found that this twisting action of the block trying to hold all this power very narrow and toward the front of the engine leads to block failure in the high HP applications.

as far as vibration, We have tested a solid foot on a few cars and there is a little more vibration. Not too noticeable inside because you still have all the body bushings isolating you from the mount. there is a little you can feel but very little.

The foot should not have any gap between it and the frame. We have not had any knock issues even with the solid foot. in the picture there is a little gap between the foot and the frame because at the time the picture was taken we were testing to see if knock would occur if this situation were to occur. It did not induce any knock BTW.

so there you have it. The design in the picture is our first design and is functionally the same as our production units. The production units are going to be more aesthetically pleasing and will have windows for a little weight reduction without sacrificing rigidity.

any more questions are welcome.

Thanks

Thanks for the products and support.Great company people and products.:biggrin: