rjc head gaskets and oring heads

kingots2004

i was wondering if anyone has experience with using rjcs head gaskets with a head that been o-ringed.if so did you pull the wire out or leave it in?

I also have o ringed weber iron heads. I don't think you can run RJCs or cometics with this setup, only stock type graphites. I'll probably be taking the wires out of my heads, or just going with GN1s.

if you have o ringed heads just open the wire groove up to to fit a felpro 1007.

work great for me, and you dont have to toss a set of heads due to the wire ring.

A.j.

if you have o ringed heads just open the wire groove up to to fit a felpro 1007.

work great for me, and you dont have to toss a set of heads due to the wire ring.

A.j.

You cant really do that if the o-rings arent exactly lined up with the ones on the gaskets.

In your situation, Id probably look at coppers with the sealant Jason sells. I wouldnt be afraid to try it with either of the other two but then again, thats just how I roll.

You cant really do that if the o-rings arent exactly lined up with the ones on the gaskets.

In your situation, Id probably look at coppers with the sealant Jason sells. I wouldnt be afraid to try it with either of the other two but then again, thats just how I roll.

good point, but they should be if the machinest that cut the first rings did them right? right?

A.j.

good point, but they should be if the machinest that cut the first rings did them right? right?

A.j.

Not necessarily. You have a little latitude with wire o-rings. With the 1007s, the o-rings have to be dead on or the gaskets dont work right.

jay im thinking im gonna try what you told me on the phone now jason at rjc told me it would work if i pulled the wire out. he said some of his customers have done this but i was hoping someone who has done it would chime in.

in my 87 i'm running o-ringed weber irons (o-rings touch at edges) with no wire on a .030 block and cometics .060's ...so far so good

and last time i checked a 1007 receiver groove head and stock composite /felpro9441 gaskets with the odd shaped fire rings it didnt look good and as i expected it didnt hold to the 330 mark, dropped on cometics and the results ...10.98 on a ta49 25psi and still going strong with an 11.04 just last week

thats the info im looking for thanks pacecarta :). i talked to the guy at clarks and he said he would make me some head gaskets but strongly recommended that i not use them on my street car. he said it would be fine to pull the wire out and fill the groove with a thinner copper wire then file the copper wire smooth with the head. i dont know yet but when my gaskets come in and i can hold them up to my heads ill get a better picture of whats going on.

in my 87 i'm running o-ringed weber irons (o-rings touch at edges) with no wire on a .030 block and cometics .060's ...so far so good

and last time i checked a 1007 receiver groove head and stock composite /felpro9441 gaskets with the odd shaped fire rings it didnt look good and as i expected it didnt hold to the 330 mark, dropped on cometics and the results ...10.98 on a ta49 25psi and still going strong with an 11.04 just last week

how long you been running this combo?

the 87 since last october , ran out the end of the season (oct-late dec) and started off this season ..and i do log street miles with it ... hp only in the 500+ range sofar