Rjc boost controller

turbo tom

Any thoughts on RJC BOOST CONTROLLER? Anyone using this and is it worth the money? Pros and cons.

thanks
turbo tom

I have one. It controls my boost very well and is easy to adjust. Easy hook up. Priced reasonably. What more can you ask for?

No exhaust leaks either. My RJC works great until I develop a leak. Then it will not repsond to any adjustment and I like that. I know it sounds weird but if you have ever tried to find a leak on a car with and open dump or 3" single shot you know what I mean

No exhaust leaks either. My RJC works great until I develop a leak. Then it will not repsond to any adjustment and I like that. I know it sounds weird but if you have ever tried to find a leak on a car with and open dump or 3" single shot you know what I mean

koolness! So it is also a leak indicator. Not a bad deal then. I may just go get me one for my TB

koolness! So it is also a leak indicator. Not a bad deal then. I may just go get me one for my TB

No, more like a leak creator!:eek: Its so easy to keep adding boost. This causes the chances of the stockers to start cracking more often. I have a leak now...:frown:

RJC boost controler

I'v had one on my car for 3 years best money i spent
Tom:cool:

The problem with the RJC that I've seen and experienced is that it won't go higher than about 25#s. It might do it if you hooked it up "tuner" style to the plenum.

Although it's more expensive at 100$ I think the Hallman pro series MBC is about as good as it gets, but the RJC is gonna work great for 90% of GN's.

Just bought a used one. How do I install? How does it get adjusted? My adjustable wastegate is set to 17. Do I make it longer and use the rjc unit to add boost?

Just bought a used one. How do I install? How does it get adjusted? My adjustable wastegate is set to 17. Do I make it longer and use the rjc unit to add boost?

Longer straight barb goes to the compressor housing. The 90* end goes to the wastegate. That's it! Tighten till you have it held together by 3 threads and check the boost. The more you screw it together, making it shorter, the more boost you gain.

i run one of these Turbotech manual turbo boost controller- THE ORIGINAL! - eBay Turbo Parts, Performance Parts, Car, Truck Parts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Sep-10 08:13:05 AEST) same principle as the RJC version pressure valve not a bleed valve. doesnt create a vacuam leak like bleeder style ones stops wastegate creep and controls boost very well

That does not stop boost creep. No creep comes from the wastegate being able to bleed off enough exhaust. The thread wasn't about you item it was about the RJC PRODUCT.

You can still adjust there also. Make the rod short enough as to where you just have to pull it a little then it connects to the puck arm. Use the RJC to add boost. If you max it out, back it down, shorten the wastgate rod and work it up with the RJC. I'd set the wastegate to 7 psi less than my max boost I plan to run.

You can still adjust there also. Make the rod short enough as to where you just have to pull it a little then it connects to the puck arm. Use the RJC to add boost. If you max it out, back it down, shorten the wastgate rod and work it up with the RJC. I'd set the wastegate to 7 psi less than my max boost I plan to run.

Awesome, thanks brother. Always wondered that, never had it answered. :)

That does not stop boost creep. No creep comes from the wastegate being able to bleed off enough exhaust. The thread wasn't about you item it was about the RJC PRODUCT.

im not here trying to promote someone elses controller i was just confirming that yes these types do work great.the term wastegate creep is when the wastegate starts to open before max boost this allways happens just cause max boost is set at 10psi on the wastegate doesnt mean its not partly open before 10 psi.at 5 psi exhaust is allready being diverted around the turbo via the wastegate.when you fit one of these valve type controllers your wastegate will not open untill the pressure you set you gain faster spooling and get to max boost faster i gained at least 500-700 rpm of spool at the same max boost pressure

i have one it works real good
but its a PITA to adjust boost
you have to disconnect the hose then make your adjustment then reconnect the hose.