Rjc boost controller not working

russ87gn

I just installed a new turbo and the boost controller won't give me more than 18 lbs of boost I tightened the wastegate actuator but got nothing more I don't know if I should just tighten the actuator a lot or try a different controller or maybe stretch the spring out some

How big is the wastegate hole in the turbo housing? From a talk I had with Bison, this affects boost and may limit the controller.

HD actuator should be set to 1/8" pull and RJC hooked up between the actuator and compressor...do you have the RJC in back words by any chance?

I got it hooked up right I tightened the rod to see if the boost would come up which it did I wanna put it back to 1/8 pull I tried setting the controller with my compressor it works with that

Subscribed.....I've turned mine all the way in , and cant get more boost.....I'll start tigning up the WG rod. I'm curious if its backwards, weak spring, etc

Subscribed.....I've turned mine all the way in , and cant get more boost.....I'll start tigning up the WG rod. I'm curious if its backwards, weak spring, etc
straight end to the compressor, adjust end/right angle to the actuator. Should only have to pull the actuator rod about 1 shaft diameter (.125") to get it on the shaft.

I talked to Jason at BG about this controller. He said when its wound in all the way, the boost will max out around 26-27psi. Any more than that has to be adjusted by the actuator.

I must have a dud I got it turned it all the way and my actuator at about 3/4 pull and only have 18 to 20 lbs

Did u happen to take actuator apart to look at it? If so it has to go back together a certain way...

You installed a new turbo as well so maybe a vaccuum line was loose or a coupler isn't seated all the way..

Last edited:
or could be the turbo itself .if it machined incorrectly with to much clearance it = no boost .got another turbo to put on it?

I had a te44 that would only spool up to 23 lbs I was told because of the heads I have that was the reason I could only get that much maybe I got to look at other things